“Excellent”

The Vienna Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 49 Dessert in Manchester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an independent family run coffee shop which serves a full range of breakfasts all day, salads to paninis and afternoon tea. We have our own brand coffee which we are very proud of and have a full range of lose leaf teas. We have an amazing fresh cake selection whish is displayed at the front of the shop which really draw in the crowds. Every dish is made to order and we take pride in every aspect of our service.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Can't understand why they had a bad breakfast review. Some people expect McDonalds service time for spectacular food, good things come to those who wait.

Lovely place, first time and will be back again the next time we are in Manchester.

2  Thank rooters11
SuzyGold44, Owner at The Vienna Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thankyou for your curteous review of my Independent family owned coffee shop. Good reviews are greatly appreciated by ourselves and its such a shame when a one off customer who does not get their breakfast within minutes due to a sitiuation that morning with kitchen staff calling in sick feel they can use trip adviser as a means of revenge. It makes one feel that the cold food should have been served and charged for rather than being honest. On the other hand we know 95% of people prefer the honest approach which is the route we always take and complimentary coffees were also provided in this case.

Our feeling is that trip adviser should be used to give a balanced review: for eg; value for money, service, atmosphere etc etc. Trip adviser seems to be used more and more as an anonymous tool to attack a business. Im sure these people who do it would hate it done to their business or an employee review.

May I take this opprtunity to thank you once again for your custom and excellent review and we welcome your return.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This morning, went to the Vienna Coffee House for breakfast as we thought 'why suffer a boring breakfast in our city centre hotel? Why not find somewhere nearby and go for breakfast there instead?'. What a mistake. I found this establishment on the internet before we went and checked opening time and also that they did breakfasts. Looked and sounded fine. We arrived at 8.30am, the place was empty, we ordered hot drinks for the 3 of us plus also eggs on toast etc for our breakfast. The one waiter in the place said 'it'll be a few minutes, guys'. So we waited. After 10 mins the drinks came. Customers came in and got takeaway coffees and were served by the chatty waiter. Where was our breakfast, we wondered. He made several trips to the kitchen...but no food emerged. At 9.05am, he passed us once again coming out of the kitchen to serve more takeaway customers and announced that our eggs had gone cold so he was starting again. We said cancel the order, we're going. To be fair, he refused to take any money for the drinks. I asked him why he had hot breakfasts on the menu when there clearly weren't the staff to cook them and he just shrugged and said he was on his own in the early mornings and couldn't do it. This is just ridiculous!! So, we went on our way, hungrier but definitely wiser. Don't try the VCH for breakfast unless you want fresh air on invisible toast. Because they are pretty good at that.

4  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I do not live in Manchester but regularly visit the city for shows/concerts/shopping trips with family and friends and have found The Vienna Coffee House to be the best and most welcoming coffee house in the city. The staff are always lovely and friendly, and nothing is too much trouble - I/we regularly arrive on the train well past the 11.30am breakfast menu cut off but there is never any problems with me/us ordering off the breakfast menu and the food is absolutely delicious. (please try the bacon and scrambled egg baguette and see for yourself)
The only problem I ever have is deciding which of the delicious cakes to choose to go with my drink and the lovely owner is always happy to help me choose! I recommend this place to all my family and friends when they visit Manchester and all I can say is try it for yourself as it is fantastic!
Any negative reviews are completely unfounded - all my friends who have visited (on my advice) have agreed that it is fabulous so I don't know what people are expecting but if this isn't it then there is obviously no pleasing them!

1  Thank pinktinkerbell_100
SuzyGold44, Owner at The Vienna Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your absolutely wonderful review!!! It was a pleasure seeing you again and the comments you have made about us make it all worth while!!

I can only say that we look forward to seeing you again with your family or friends in the very near future.

Big thankyou once again...:-)) x

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Several of us were arranging to meet up near the Art Gallery and the Vienna Coffee House was suggested. As I can't eat wheat I emailed to ask whether there would be anything I could eat. I got an email back within 10 minutes saying that they could provide gluten free bread or I could take my own for them to use. Happy me!
Sadly the snow meant we had to postpone but a couple of us managed to visit today and it was just fab. Level entrance (I was in my wheelchair) and room to manouvre inside. There is a ramp up to the toilets (including a disabled) and the staff offered assistance if I needed it to negotiate it.
The food was amazing, tasty, quick to arrive, well presented as well as nice and filling. I had a gorgeous smoothie and will have to return at some point to sample some of the different coffees.
There is also a bookcase full of books and papers for you to read, but I decided not to get tempted as I hate leaving books unfinished and wasn't going to be spending all day in there!
Definitely hoping to return at some point soon - well worth the drive over from Yorkshire.

1  Thank dbleeds
SuzyGold44, Manager at The Vienna Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thankyou very much for a wonderful review and Im so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We would love to see you again in the very near future and hopefully your full party will be able to join you this time, weather permitting! lol :-)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visited the Manchester museum, and fancied having coffee and cake at The Vienna Coffee House, but were very disappointed. We did not even receive a service. the staff were very rude. After 15 minutes we left, and the rude waitress made silly sounds as we left.

6  Thank eat247