“My Engagement 2014”
Review of The Alchemist

The Alchemist
Ranked #78 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A modern bar/restaurant: A celebration of the unconventional, dark and controversial! Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I proposed to my now fiance here on the 29th of March. I phoned the restaurant several weeks before to check it would be okay. The supervisor organised a special table for us and told me to let them know if there was anything else they could do. They then phoned me back the day before to let me know that we would be able to have use of the table for the whole night. On arrival we got a warm welcome but they didn't let my surprise slip. Before our meal i popped the question and thankfully she said yes! Immediately the waitress brought us two glasses of champagne. We then went went on to enjoy an amazing meal. We both enjoyed every one of the drinks we had and highly recommend the "Mad Hatters Tea Party". At some point during the night i think all of the waiters and waitresses congratulated us. The buzz and atmosphere of the venue is amazing. I couldn't be more thankful to the staff of The Alchemist New York St for making it the best night of our lives. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Had heard great things about the alchemist so couldn't wait to try it out! We went for lunch on bank holiday Sunday and weren't disappointed! There was a half hour wait for a table but we enjoyed the great cocktails whilst sat outside. There was lots of choice on the menu but as we were there for lunch we went for lighter options, I had the small version of the sticky beef salad which was delicious! I also ordered the salt and pepper fries which were also lovely- full of flavour and a good sized portion of each. My boyfriend had the fried chicken wrap with chips and coleslaw and was equally as impressed! Staff and service were great and it was reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning for an evening meal - can't wait!

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

In the bar right now and can honestly say we have had the worst experience we have ever had in a bar. We waited over 40 minutes at a quite frankly not very busy bar, only to get the worst cocktail I have ever tasted in my life. If you go, do NOT get the 'rosebud'. The bartender clearly got the wrong balance of sweet and sour as it was completely I drinkable. Not only that but the rose petals had been crushed into such tiny little bits that they stuck to the inside I my mouth and were really quite unpleasant. 2 sips and I've abandoned it. Onto to next bar. Never coming back.

1  Thank Hannah B
SamandTommy, Guest Relations Manager at The Alchemist, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing. We pride ourselves on our cocktails and service.
If you have the time please contact our General Manager Hannah. She will be able to talk you through the issues you have had and, hopefully, restore your faith in us. hannahmartin@thealchemist.uk.com or telephone 0161 228 3856

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My favourite restaurant. Ashlie amazing! Cockatils amazing...

I love everything about the New York Street restaurant. All the staff are so polite!!! The service is prompt. The food is absolutely fantastic and the cocktails are amazing!!!!

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Been a couple of times now with my friends and I have to say everything is perfect Everytime, food is excellent, service is amazing and cocktails are brilliant. Extra credit to Ashlie the waitress, absolutely lovely!