“Fabulous Cocktails”
Review of The Alchemist

The Alchemist
Ranked #75 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A modern bar/restaurant: A celebration of the unconventional, dark and controversial! Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the first time I had gone to the alchemist in new york street. I had previously been to the other one. This one is more spacious but a lot darker, literally need a torch to see the menu!

The food is great and the cocktail menu is fab and quirky! The bubblegum daiquiri is a must try with the cracking pop candy on top!

The food is reasonably priced however when ordering cocktails the bill fairly mounts up, so be careful of that!

I will certainly go back when I'm next in Manchester.

1  Thank MrsSCraig

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Birthday meal out and first visit to Alchemist, and we werent disappointed. Restaurant was buzzing and we were seated straight away Elle the waitress very pleasent and had a smiley face and she new both food and drink menus well gave some great recommendations. We had 25% off the bill as I had joined on line and my cocktail was free as it was my birthday. Food was fabulous and we will definatley be going back.

1  Thank jackd3237
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We actually came across this restaurant by mistake! But we were more than happy by the end of the evening. It was a Wednesday night and we seen this swanky looking restaurant with a good menu so decided to give it a try. The atmosphere is really good, couples groups of friends etc I ordered the rib eye steak and it was quality!! melted in the mouth. It came with a tomato and great portion of skin on fries The missus had chicken and chips in a basket and i had a bite of this and it was very tasty. It wasn't overly priced and the staff were very helpful. They have an extensive cocktail list and i was told you can actually make your own if you cant find what you want. When i'm back in Manchester this place will be first on my list.

1  Thank NF_CP26
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Always loved the alchemist as a bar but with such emphasis in cocktails which are gorgeous but not cheap I expected the food to be expensive and probably not as good but how wrong I was! I had the steak sandwich with gravy which was very nice, my partner also had a very enjoyable fish and chips, all reasonably priced. The atmosphere was nice (it was a Sunday evening) and the staff friendly and attentive.

1  Thank stokie_gem
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Being a regular diner at the Alchemist, I booked a table for the busy Friday lunchtime period for my wife and I. We had a lovely table by the window overlooking the busy New York Street adjacent to Piccadilly Gardens.
We were greeted upon arrival by a delightful hostess and shown immediateley to our table. The vivacious atmosphere was created by a combinatiojn of business people, shoppers and people generally enjoying the Easter holiday break. Decor is modern and bright and staff are very attentive.
A friendly waittress appeared within moments taking our drinks order and advising us of the day's specials. We ordered fish and chips and duck hoi sin wrap. Meals were served within 10 minutes and were both well presented and tasty.
Booking online in advance for members is easy and advised as this not only guarantees a table but also generates a 20% discount off the food bill. Cost for 2 including coffees was under £20 which was reasonable for lunchtime.