“It's easy to love this place...”
Review of The Alchemist

The Alchemist
Ranked #78 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A modern bar/restaurant: A celebration of the unconventional, dark and controversial! Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

They've got things so right here... Some city centre venues lazily rely on their location to remain busy but Alchemist has it all location, great cocktails, amazing food and brilliant service, the staff here are efficient well trained and friendly.

Food is all delicious, can't wait to work my way through the menu, but I still can't resist always ordering the fajitas!

2  Thank Rich P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a trendy cocktail bar/restaurant just a short walk from Piccadilly. The service is very good and the food reasonably priced. I had the English breakfast and my partner chose the Mish-Mosh which looked and tasted delicious and 2 Americano coffee's £18.80. Wish I had taken longer to order and looked closer at the menu. I'd have tried one of the infused teas or alcohol free cocktails.
We went early the day whilst it was quiet. It was comfortable and everything was clean including the cutlery.
It looks the kind of place that really comes alive at night but its pretty good during the day too.

2  Thank Simon T
Reviewed March 27, 2013

visited The Alchemist on New York St on Sat afternoon around 4.30pm, the place was buzzing with a real mixture of people. We had a number of cocktails from the large menu all were fab. The bar staff are very well trained and friendly. Bar area and toilets very clean. We did not eat but the food looked and smelled great. Door staff were very friendly as well, we will be back to this bar next time we are in town!!

2  Thank mrso1980
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visited here last night, as I've been many times before I knew what to expect.

I had the burger this time, chicken..

Little surprised it came without chips, but the burger was only £7 so it wasn't such a big deal.

The standard Rosé, is good for a restaurant.

Gets a bit loud at night with local professionals, but this is okay.

Will be visiting again.

1  Thank MyloKayeDreamr
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been to The Alchemist on New York Street twice and have to say both times the food has been a real let down! The first time I visited I had chicken fajitas, they were presented beautifully but the chicken breast was nothing more that poor qualty minit fillets. The second visit I ordered the cow boy chilli, again it was presented beautifully in an old style canteen but I swear it was tinned meat, it had tubes and gristle and was boiled to a pulp, a massive disappointment. Staff friendly, the place itself is welcoming but the food is really porr quality.

1  Thank EM282