“Terrible experience”
Review of Baekdu - CLOSED

Baekdu
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food here is terrible. There are so many better Korean restaurants in Manchester. This place is way below par. I will not go here again.

2  Thank Steve H

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My only korean meal in Manchester so i have none to compare it with. But seem to me a homely atmosphere. The pancakes are quite nice. I had also the fried noodles which were not too bad, and with large portion too. A satisfying visit

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

As you probably read through the previous reviews, Baekdu is not the restaurant you would pick for your date night. It has a canteen feeling which is absolutely perfect for sharing your meal time with a couple of friends whilst trying each other food.

It's not expensive but not cheap either. Mains are roughly £8. Portions are generous. Staff is nice.

I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I am surprised that it was rated so low on tripadvisor. I have tried almost every single korean restaurant in Manchester and this one is by far the best. It is one of my favourite and me and my friends go at least once or twice every month.
Yes it s not the most pretty place and it s a bit like a canteen.
But the food was amazing. The seafood pancake was fresh and tasty. (Whereas when I tried it in others it was greasy and overcooked. You will be surprised some places can't even get the most standard korean dishes right!) Spicy pork earthen bowl is my favor and the beef rib BBQ s the dish my boyfriend orders every time.
The portion s generous.
Service is good and fast.

2  Thank Lala_wong
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've enjoyed Korean delicacies eversince I tasted some on my trip to Korea many years back. Found this restaurant based on recommendations and it surely has impressed me immensely. I been there so many times the boss now recognises me even when we bump into each other in the streets!

The food is prepared in accordance to authentic korean style, and the taste is exquisite as well. I recommend the kimchi pancake, dolsot bibimbap and cold raw beef with eggs as starter. The price is very reasonable too. I've asked the boss why don't he do takeaways as well he told me he realise takeaway can increase his profits but he wouldn't do it because the food doesn't taste the same when its cold. He says he might be a stupid businessman but he enjoys preparing delicious dishes for others to enjoy.

3  Thank Agoh