“Pukka as always”

Ranked #112 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Solita is Manchester's award winning grill and burger restaurant.signature burgers include the Big Manc, our rather special take on a 'famous' burger...
“Pukka as always”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I know it maybe just burgers!
But these are GREAT burgers, the best around.
Great ambience, fantastic staff! Even though it was mentally busy, the staff did not crumble under pressure. They are a credit to the establishment.

The only down side was that we were seated next to the door! And due to it's popularity it was constantly open. One Herbert kept it open for a least 10 mins waiting for staff to acknowledge him....... Just come in dude! Crikey!

Though we still enjoyed the food.

• Visited February 2014

“I absolutely adore this place.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

SoLita is by far one of my favourite Restaurants. I live in Blackburn, and regularly travel over. One of my proudest moments has been finishing a Big Manc without help. I have converted all of my friends to SoLita (not that it was difficult). The staff have always been lovely. Its nice to go to a Restaurant that seems to have a low turnover of staff. I'd recommend this place to anyone & everyone. Whether it be for a quick lunch or an evening meal with Cocktails.

Banbury, United Kingdom
“21st celebration at Solita's”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

10 of us visited this lovely restaurant in January to celebrate my daughters 21st. The food was delicious, from the 24oz New York strip steak, enjoyed by my husband and daughter, to the big Manc enjoyed by one of the other guests. I myself enjoyed the Manc-hatten and every mouthful was divine. The only thing that took the shine off the occasion was being told after 2 hours that they needed the table and that when presented with the bill they did not take off the deposit we had paid in advance. The restaurant was very busy, but this just shows how good the food is there.

• Visited January 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fun place to eat with friends, great burgers”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Ate in Solita with a group of friends on a Thursday evening, it was buzzing and very busy. Service was friendly and efficient, our waitress was lovely. The starters were fantastic - I'm pretty sure we over ordered, but it was worth it. The T&T wings are fantastic - hot, spicy and very moreish. We also had rooster scratchings, the flowered onion, stuffed jalapeño peppers and chicken livers - all were delicious. Main course I had the Mac Daddy, which was a delicious deep fried mac n cheese 'burger bun' and a very moist tasty burger in the middle with pickles. Only disappointment was that we had blue cheese sauce on the side, which none of us liked - it tasted just like melted stilton (as opposed to a 'sauce') with a bit of a strange aftertaste. Great evening all in all, I'm sure we'll come back again soon!

“First visit to Solita”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our first visit to Solita. We ordered the chicken skins to start followed by a blue cheese burger and the mac n cheese burger. The chicken skins were a bit fatty and may have been better if they were crispier. The burgers were great. We could only eat half each but were able to take the rest home. The fries were not great. Very basic frozen fries. Staff were friendly and helpful. We will be going back in the near future.