“Tasty, Quality Food”
Review of SoLita Manchester

SoLita Manchester
Reserve with OpenTable
SoLita Manchester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Solita is Manchester's award winning grill and burger restaurant.signature burgers include the Big Manc, our rather special take on a 'famous' burger...
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been to SoLita many times and I must say that the food is excellent.
If you fancy something else, there is a specials board
Starters - are very small yet extremely tasty. Rooster Scratchings was just like eating crispy chicken skin.
Mains - Tried the KFB Burger, All Beef All Star Hot Dog - Quality beef, right balance of flavours
Highly recommend the Hanger Steak - Best in Manchester so far and I don't normally like steak in the UK.
Desserts - Now we are talking! If you are after desserts that have a twist to them, then this is the place to go. Go for the ice cream with candy bacon or the deep fried coke! You will be licking your bowl afterwards. The flavours work and leave you wanting more.

Prices are slightly high especially if you order the steak as you will need to order the sides. However it is worth the money and if you fancy a treat.
They don't take table bookings (maybe for large tables), so get there in plenty of time, especially on Saturday nights

Staff are great and the owner/manager is very accommodating and cares about his customers
Cocktail menu available
Restaurant is small and set on different floors. Overall a nice little restaurant ideal for parties of 2-5

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pretty cool little restaurant, friendly atmosphere, if your looking to fuel before heading for a busy night out this is a definite yes or if your out shopping and fancy a bite away from the crowd this is a great little hide away only a stones throw away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

‘Solita’ – taking its name from the area of Manhattan ‘South of Little Italy’ – is located in the less fashionable part of the Northern Quarter. It’s on Turner Street, some two streets removed from Thomas Street, which appears to be the de-facto backbone of the Northern Quarter. It also faces the back of an unattractive multi-story car park, so the views from the few seats outside (for smokers) are less than glamorous.

Unconcerned by the lack of glamour, I ventured in on a chilly Tuesday evening. It was busy, but there was room for a lone diner. It’s not large, it does fill up quickly, and on previous occasions I’ve found the management unconcerned at turning potential diners away. There is a bar downstairs, but I fear being left ‘out of sight, out of mind’ while waiting for a meal, so have never ventured down there.

One wall is decorated by a large reproduction of a ‘Modesty Blaise’ cartoon panel, the only other wall is home to the ‘specials’ blackboard which offers a tempting selection beyond the already comprehensive menu.
Solita are one of the few restaurants in the North (indeed the UK) to use an ‘Inka’ oven/grill. This beastie is charcoal fuelled and gets up to temperatures of around 500 degrees, Celsius. This tends to quickly seal the meat for extra juiciness, and while the menu features beef and veal steaks, they also profess to add bone marrow to their burgers for even meatier, juicy deliciousness.

I was tempted by the Solita signature ‘Pulled Pork Sundae’ starter – pulled pork and balls of mashed potato, served in a sundae dish and made to look like an ice-cream sundae - I’ve had it before and enjoyed it, but when I saw ‘Tabasco & Tequila Chicken Wings’ on the specials board, I figured it had to be worth trying.

I didn’t regret my choice, the Chicken wings were sticky and palate-numbingly delicious. My taste-buds were just recovering when my main course arrived, a KFB – Kentucky Fried Burger.
This was one of their specialities, was a thick juicy burger (cooked medium) and topped with melted Monterey Jack cheese, Jalapenos, a home-made Bourbon BBQ sauce and, I kid you not, Kentucky Fried Bacon. As the name suggests, this is rasher of bacon, coated in herbs and spices and then deep fried. I enjoyed mine with a side order of sweet potato fries – which I found myself too full to finish.

I know. I could almost hear my arteries constricting as I ate it, but it was meaty, juicy and delicious.

I don’t do desserts, even the ‘Deep Fried Coke’ (Churros filled with post-mix Cola syrup) couldn't tempt me.

All in all it was on the pricier side of meals in the Northern Quarter, coming in at around twenty five quid including one beer.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Would love my own restaurant/bar/grill one day and I'd like it to be like Solita. Fantastic menu (in the man vs food mode), you want to try everything. Great food and drinks, appealing specials and excellent marketing through Twitter. The venue is a bit sparse but they about to refurb, I expect great things. My only criticism is its a bit pricey, but they are always full, so why not and to be honest, the lunch deals are good value. Well done and hope you keep it fresh and not pretentious. Oh, and the staff seem to care and really enjoy themselves - excellent!

Service was good.

Food overpriced and portions small!! Nothing special about Burgers or fries and definately not hand made fries!.

Will not be visiting again, felt ripped off by price of food considering what it was.

1  Thank Jemma N