“Visitor since opening”

Seoul Kimchi
Ranked #327 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opening Times :Mon-Sat 11:00 - 21:30Sun 12:00 - 20:00Phone : 0161 273 5556
Reviewed August 26, 2014

My ex and myself were fans of this place and used to eat here every week from the beginning
I find some of the bad reviews unfair. True this is not a sushi restaurant but for the quality of the sushi, portions and price is very fair. This is a small family business. This makes it prone to errors depending on how busy they're between restaurant and take away orders.
At some points in the past when caught on quiet the quality of the sushi has been fantastic. Believe me, they are capable of great food. The consistency varies on how busy they are.
The portions are quiet right for my liking and the freshness a lot better than the big boys so, well done for the size of the business!!!
The price is good for the labour and the portions, for those that want cheap sushi go to yo-sushi. The service has always been excellent, warm and friendly and if they make a mistake on the order they always had ammend it fairly.
I always have taken here my friends, family and partners.
I have always liked them and my loyalty won't die. Well done Seoul Kimchi!

2  Thank H5796NVandreah

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I was so happy coming here and knowing I could Japanese AND Korean food. Even the choice of drinks are refreshingly different. I liked the option of free cold barley tea, the cheaper lunch option if you order as a take away, the shelves of produce for sale, the array of Asian reading material for customers and the open kitchen. Only snag of the small cafe/restaurant: no lavatory (we didn't see one anyway). There's parking right in front and the opening hours (11:30-9) are ideal. So excited to take my friends here next time!

1  Thank NinjaS84
Reviewed July 21, 2014

As a regular traveller to Korea it was a pleasure to visit this restaurant, it just like my favourite noodle shop in Wauri. Don't visit here if you want space, lots of people and suited waiters. Do visit if you like friendly laid back service with amazing food. We had the Bulgogi set menu for 2 which was a total of 7 different dishes and rice and then ice cream to finish. Staff are not all Korean but the chefs and owners are.

They also stock a small selection of Korean teas, chocolates and other goods to try at home and also offer a takeaway service.

If you want to try something a bit different give this place a try. We will definately be going again.

4  Thank Nettieboms
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Although I am not an expert in oriental cuisine, I really enjoyed my lunch there. If you are looking for posh interior, plenty of space and explicit service, this is NOT your place. It is too small and too fast-foody in its culture. On the other hand, if you want to have a good taste of authentic Korean cuisisne, something rather hard to find in the North West of England, you will not be disappointed. I especially enjoyed a fish plate I had (unfortunately cannot remember the name, but had plenty of different sea food in it and a red sauce) as well as the beef bibimbap. I also tried a sushi platter to take away (yes, they serve some japanese dishes as well) and I was very satisfied.
I would advise to do a web search on usual korean dishes before you try it, so that you dont get lost in the menu.
In general, very happy with this place, will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Salvador74
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having spent the last 7 years in Manchester, I have seen it transform from a little Korean Cornershop with a few tables out front into the current layout which is more canteen/tuckshop style with the odd shelves of snacks and cooking pastes/sauces.

What strikes me about this place is its authenticity and originality - which is hard to find in most of the other "pan-asian" places like RICE, Trafford Centre's myriad of east asian "fusion" cuisines. It may be a smaller, simpler affair, but the food never disappoints - True-blue korean bibimbap, hot plates and all. hearty korean meals best enjoyed in winter, but always enjoyable at any time of year.

For a real Korean meal - I find my korean comfort food here. No pretentious settings like the other Korean on Deansgate, or the exorbitant prices of the one on Princess Street.

Most places come and go but I've hopefully I'll be able to hold on to this place a little longer!

2  Thank Luke O