“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Review of I Am Pho

I Am Pho
Ranked #238 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have visited this restaurant numerous times over the past few months. The service staff are friendly and funny too! The Pho is one of the most authentic Pho I have eaten by far!! Tasty Broth and Nice noodles ;) try the beef sandwich too if you have room.

1  Thank Vimtomam

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Headed into this quaint little restaurant for a quick bite and got swept off my feet by the manager, very charming guy who is so handsome. *swoons* Had a beef sandwich which went really well with the Vietnamese drip coffee - best coffee in town. Overall a splendid experience, 5/5 will come again.

1  Thank Serena Z
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I am currently a student in manchester, and despite some bad reviews on here I decided to try out I Am Pho with a friend. First of all, the service is great!! The waitress was really patient to explain how to eat Pho always with a smile. The food was great and compared to many restaurants prices were good too! There were many people complaining about the manager in previous posts.Although the manager was not present on my visit, I am positive to review that with the joyful vibe and politeness of the workers the manager is doing a great job. would dedinite go again !! :)

1  Thank Young L
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The pho comes with a lot of noodles but little meat. The manager's attitude was absolutely appalling. A very unpleasant experience and I will definitely not visit this restaurant again.

8  Thank TA L
Reviewed February 4, 2014

On Lunar New Year, my friends and I decided to have our first dinner of the year at I AM PHO. My experience at the restaurant that day was without a doubt the worst I’ve ever had.
To be fair, the food was rather good, but the service we received at the restaurant killed all the good that the restaurant has to offer.
After finishing our dinner, we called for the bill. One of the waiters responded to our request and just as we were about to tell him that we have a discount card, another waiter barged in and say that he’ll get it. When he came back with the bill, we presented him our discount card (because he didn’t give us a chance to do so previously). He immediately flared up at us and told us that he will apply the discount only if we can calculate the discounted price. At that point, everyone was too shocked to say anything and when one of my friends took out his phone in an attempt to calculate, the waiter immediately responded by saying “why can’t I do it using my own calculator” and walked off immediately. This particular waiter is really good at making his customers look like fools.
Before we left the restaurant, we confronted that waiter and requested to speak to the manager, but he told us that he is the manager. He apologized to us when we voiced our displeasure about his service, but even a 3 year-old could tell that he had absolutely no sincerity. To quote him, “Alright, I admit it is my fault, you guys can leave now”.
The manager clearly doesn’t appreciate the fact that we chose his restaurant to have our first dinner of the Year. It also seemed quite clear to us that the manager thinks he can be all cocky and disrespectful to his customers just because we have no one else in the restaurant to complain to.
I have had many bad experiences at restaurants but none of them are even close to this one. So much so that it is worthy of being my first review on tripadvisor. To all those reading my review, I am not all pessimistic, I will soon be writing reviews on other restaurants in Manchester that are worth a visit.

6  Thank Chloe P