“Tasty,worth a try”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well recommend by my son,we ordered 3 dishes,as a Vietnamese myself ,the pho taste excellent,but t spring rolls was a bit disappointed,if use rice paper instead of normal pastry,t rice noodle a little bit too dry .but t service was good t place was nice & clean.next time to Manchester,we will try again.

There are newer reviews for I Am Pho

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I ordered banh mi - Vietnamese baguette and it was lovely, fresh and nicely seasoned. My friend's pho was good with a plate of herbs on the side. The only improvement I could suggest is perhaps reduce the amount of noodle in the bowl and more meat/veg. Overall a really nice place for lunch, I will be back there soon

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I suggested this restaurant for a catch-up with a friend as I love to try new types of food and I had never had Vietnamese before. Well... the food is good, the main item being a choice of very very big soups with noodles and meat. They came with a plate of leaves and limes and sprouts (?) to add if we wanted. And chilli, and various sauces at the side of the table - the waiter explained what each sauce did (sweeter, saltier) and that we could add what we wanted. So I modified my soup along the way, it was fun and I felt like Alice in Wonderland! ;) Lovely experience.
But even better was the service: we took real ages to order as we were chatting, and then we had a few questions about the menu as it was a new type of cuisine for us. The waiter patiently explained everything with great politeness and lovely friendly manners. A different waiter served us the food and he was also nice although a little less chatty.
And to top it all, we spent about £16 in total. Ok we only had a main (perfectly filling...well huge) and drank green tea but still, really good value for a good meal. Also, it is not a super fancy place but I like simple unpretentious restaurants. Totally recommended and will go back and try different things.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Heard alot about this place and decided to give it ago. Authentic Viet cuisine, cheap and great service. Was hard to choose what I wanted as such good offerings...

Reviewed April 7, 2013

In the heart of China Town this Vietnamese restaurant is a very pleasant little dining experience for those who want to try something different.
The decor is a little clinical and could do with a touch of the East, however the service is great and food is lovely.
The soups are glorious and waiter took a real pride in presenting the dishes and explaining what they contain and how to eat them with the provided side dishes.
Good value for money and nice experience.