“Lovely meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
N.Ireland
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had lovely meal here on our first night in M'chester. I am a Tripadvisor groupy so picked their top 10 for eats. Came out feeling well filled but not bulging- v fresh tastes.

Glossop, United Kingdom
“Little bit of Vietnam in Manchester”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Beautiful spicy food; very good service; modest but good value wine list. First time here, but we'll be back. The perfect end to a night out in Manchester, in Chinatown. The range of special Vietnamese soups is the specialty to go for.

• Visited March 2013
“Love it here.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Found this by accident one day and have been back loads of times since. It's kinda cheap and cheerful in atmosphere and from outside doesn't look anyting, but the food is tops. Service is good and it's clean. Try the beef noodles.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank James D
“Good food!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Out of recommendation, I went to I Am Pho for lunch with a friend. First impression: we felt like we were in a canteen. We checked out the menu and was unsure what to order as we never had vietnamese food. At the end we decided to go for vegetable spring rolls and Pho noodles. The spring rolls arrived nice and hot and the dipping sauce was delicious. The noddles, i must say, were nothing out of this world. Maybe i was expecting too much after reading the reviews. Pricewise was good for what u get since the sizes are quite big.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Mesmeric Umami Explosion”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I assumed the restaurants intriguing name wasn't spelt correctly, or maybe even auto corrected on the text when the idea came through for the first ever 'Monday Lunch Club' restaurant. It was actually disregarded first time around as 2 of our party of 4 didn't even think it was a real place! Turns out it’s a real place.

I am Pho tucked away on George Street, down a largish initial flight of stairs, one of our party struggled with, as he was on crutches, amusing for the 3 of us not so injured humans!!

Synopsis. Entry to Exit = 1hr 2mins. I am Pho proved me wrong, good shared platter starter £14 (between 4), ample considering the size of the mains to come. Although the corned beef, salami type bits were a little strange, tasty nether the less! The mixed meat noodle soup main course was outstanding at £8.50, I loved the fact you could add bean sprouts, saw leaf and a few more extra ingredients as you went along. The ability to really spice the dish up with fresh chillies and freshen it with lime really worked well. Amusingly the tallest member of our party got a little carried away with his first mouthful, the poor fellow almost exploded as he must have sprinkled half a kilo of the little fire crackers into his cauldron of taste, and shovelled the whole lot down in one! That’ll learn him!

The quality of the main was stupendous, as was its size! We were informed prior arriving that the main meal would take circa 30 mins to eat, our party consisted of 4 big eaters...30 mins wasn't far off!! We spent £50 between the 4 of us, including a few drinks, well worth it, great service (2nd only to Iggy from Asian Fusion, Chorlton)

It's not an evening meal restaurant, but it doesn't pretend to be. If I could make 3 improvements they would be in no particular order:

i) Open a venue in Edinburgh.
ii) Install a stair lift or fire mans pole for my friend on crutches.
iii) Have an equally as large set menu for £10. Then I think I would be there once a week.

Until next the edition of the MLC (Monday Lunch Club) comes to the table (next week) I bid you all good night and happy digesting.

Dan Newman. MLC