“Excellent food, friendly staff!”
Review of I Am Pho

I Am Pho
Ranked #187 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friends (a Japanese, an American and British) and I (an Indonesian) were hankering for vietnamese food after watching the brilliant documentary 'Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap' by Ice-T at the Cornerhouse. On searching for a suitable candidate on the iphone, I was directed by tripadvisor to 'I am Pho'. When the food arrived, we were not disappointed and unanimously agree with the high ratings this restaurant has already received.

We all had noodle soup and vietnamese spring rolls. All the ingredients were so fresh and the broth was to die for! It was such a large portion and at first sight, I didn't think I would be able to do it justice. It was just so delicious I couldn't stop myself and before I knew it, only a couple of spring onions were left behind.

The 2 staffs working there were also wonderfully friendly which made the night just a perfect ending to an already great saturday. There are so few good and affordable restaurants in Manchester and the four of us are going to continue to support this wonderful gem, a small independent, and seems to be a family run restaurant. For those of you who have not, I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Atmadjaja

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Finally Manchester city centre has a (long overdue) Vietnamese restaurant!

The Pho was served in generous portions and as a vegetarian I was happy to see a vegetarian Pho option on the menu. The starters (we had the summer rolls and the rice cake things ... unfortunately can't remember the name) were super fresh and the dipping sauces delicious.

Aside from the delicious food the best thing was the service. It's not a fine dining experience but the staff are so happy to explain the dishes, and best of all, when our Pho was nearly finished, they came round to offer to top it up with more stock and more vegetables. A far cry from Wasabi round the corner, where they charged us 50p extra when we ordered an extra piece of lime!

Super picky reason for not giving 5 stars, I would love to see the menu expanded slightly. Banh Xeo (rice pancake) is my favourite Vietnamese dish and I did miss it!

Fantastic find though and a great addition to Chinatown, good to see a bit more diversity and I Am Pho will join Hunan opposite in my top two eateries in that part of town.

1  Thank Adam_ElSalon
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great starters and very fresh noodle soups. Very friendly staff who talk you through the menu and how the table condiments will flavour the noodle soup. Definitely be back. They also offer take away menu.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am lunch at Pho today hoping to re-live my trip to Vietnam and it did not dissapoint! Food was exacty as it had been in Vietna, and the service was impeccable! My new lunch time venue favourite! Would very much recommend.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

New player in neighbourhood! Something different for a change!! First time I've tried Vietnamese cuisine in the UK and all I can say very good value for money! The Vietnamese Iced Coffee is a must try!!