“Best pizza this side of Naples- and I'm Neapolitan!”

Slice Pizza & Bread Bar
Ranked #353 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Popped in for a quick bite on a Friday lunch time and what a lovely surprise! Being of Italian parentage but based in the UK I often miss the regular visits to the local rosticceria (pizza shop), and this place is a great substitute. Service with a smile, authentic and super tasty pizza slices with an authentic selection of drinks available plus the obligatory seats outside (sadly it's looking over roadworks than a beautiful village) and a mouth-watering array of ice creams. If you're looking for proper Italian pizza in Manchester, you won't get better than Slice. A couple of points to note: 1) prices are a little expensive (£2.00-3.00 per slice when an Italian equivalent would be 1.5€) but I suppose this is city centre Manchester, and 2) the blaring pop music is a little off-putting, perhaps some laid back house/easy listening/classical would lend itself better to the Italian theme? Other than that this is a great little place- try a slice (or 2!), you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Slice Pizza & Bread Bar

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and my four year old found this place and kept telling me about it so I put off the diet for some pizza and ice cream . The lovely people now recognise my little one which he loves. He thinks they are there just to make him his lunch !!

I had potato and truffle pizza .... It was amazing ...I went back for seconds. We also had key lime pie icecream , bubble gum ice cream and banana. Much better than your haagen daz and ben and jerrys.

We sat outside and soaked up the nice buzz of the northern quarter ...best place for people watching too .

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have visited Slice several times since it opened, the location is great and there is an area of outdoor seating.

Recently we visited and sat outside to bask in the glorious sunshine, the outdoor seating are is quite a sun trap.

The pizza is delicious and the base is better than any other pizza base i've eaten in Manchester.

I would strongly recommend it to friends!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ate here after many recommendations about how good both the food and service is. It's safe to say that I wasn't disappointed. There was a vast selection of tasty pizza's and sandwiches on offer. The only problem was choosing which one to try, although the reasonable cost of each slice means its possible to choose more than one! My partner also tried one of the homemade brownies which he assured me was just as tasty as it looked!
Will definately be coming back.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I really, really wanted to like this place. I even recommended it to friends based on other reviews. After visiting Slice, I was really disappointed. Each 'slice' was absolutely ok. Nothing more, just ok. We had a selection of slices, but it was nothing special and I was left with a hole to fill. I feel terrible leaving a bad review, and I've never wanted to like a place so much. I hope they were just having a bad day.