“Sunday Lunch at the Wharf in Castlefield Manchester”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #120 of 2,370 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were in Manchester last Sunday and came across the Wharf and thought we would have a drink. It has a lovely canal side outside area, very family and dog
orientated. It has a very good menu and we decided to have some lunch which was lovely. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, we can't wait for the weather to get warmer it would be the lovely to spend an afternoon sitting outside enjoying a nice glass of wine watching the boats going by.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited The wharf last weekend after reading a review online and hearing a few colleagues talking about it and singing its praises. Not the easiest place to find but well worth the effort. The building has been carefully restored and looks fantastic as you approach it along the canal. Its a wow factor when you walk through the door as see the size of this place and the vast bar crammed with hundreds of bottles, i was warmly welcomed as I approached the bar, thankfully the staff are all very knowledgable and helpful as there are hundreds of drinks to choose from. I wanted to try a cask ale and with 12 to chose from it was a good job the barmaid knew her ales and after a few suggestions and tasters I decided on a wonderful pint called indie girl. I then asked about eating and was delighted to hear a separate spice menu was running and after finding a corner to sit in I ordered soft shell crab and the prawn curry to follow, the portions were generous and beautifully presented and very tasty, they even have a beer menu to match with bottled beers from around the world. As I sat watching the world go by I was amazed with how relaxed it felt, the staff all seemed very happy and the service was excellent. This is a real country pub in the city, this is now my favourite place to visit in Manchester and I am looking forward to the summer and spending weekends at the wharf exploring the food menu and drinks on offer. A superb find and would encourage everyone to dig out this hidden gem.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love this place and I keep coming back. Its in a beautiful building. Lovely decors and has a very cozy feel. I've been to a lot of restaurants/ pubs around Manchester and this is one of the best. Its located in Castlefield with lovely views of the bridge, canal, Hilton, etc. They are serving excellent food and the staff is very effiicient and friendly. The other day they had a live acoustic singer which added to the good ambience. I can only imagine it during summer time. They have a big space outside the pub for barbeques. I think it deserves 5 stars. The only thing is, they close at 12... which for me is a bit too early.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have been here now 5 times, as a couple and also in a group of 8. Every time we have been impressed by the service we have experienced. We tend to be there when it isn't too busy but we are bowled over by the frendliness, warmth and professionalism of the staff.
We have always come away impressed by an exciting and ever changing menu. There is also a good range of beers and staff who can talk knowlegeably about them.
There is a small car park but we have never failed to find a space.
A stunning find.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great location, great decor, great service, a little on the pricey side but rather disappointed with the very average food on offer. We expected a little more in the way of home made food and unfortunately the Wharf did not deliver.

1  Thank babypops