“Could be much better.”
Review of Rice - CLOSED

Rice
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Grill
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Been here a few times, and the experience has never been above average. The menu choices are vast, so I was skeptical on how well each of them could be prepared and will taste. Watching the chefs cook it is nice but the end result tends to be just a box of hot (not in regards to spice) food with very little taste.

There are newer reviews for Rice

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were given voucher at Christmas to eat here so visited on Saturday. There was no need to book and the place was fairly empty when we arrived.
The venue was nice enough although and the tables were clean. I was distracted by the paint peeling from the ceiling next to the cooking area and disappointed to find the toilets not cleaned and mould growing up the side of the Dyson hand dryer.
Service was okay, we were shown to our tables fairly promptly, orders taken quite quickly and food arrived in a recent time after. We were asked how our meal was before we had finished eating too.
On the food front, we had a chicken satay starter which was an additional cost at £4.99 to our voucher - the chicken was moist and tasty and was served with a nice enough satay sauce that was on the verge of splitting though over heating. The chicken came with a hard and unripe tomato wedge, two slices of cucumber and some shredded lettuce - I didn't think the 'salad' added to the dish.
For mains we had a beef rendang and duck stir fry with noodles. We found both to be tasty and the portion size good.
A glass of wine came with the voucher and we enjoyed a glass of red and a glass of white. Wine was ok but nothing special. I had an extra glass of white - cost was £3.99.
The experience was okay but given the number of restaurants in Manchester I think we'll be trying a lot of other before we come back.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Went with my daughter and grandson, for tea after a days shopping in manchester. Daughter had Thai Pad, and loved it Grandson had japanesekatsu chicken and I had Tuna steak and lemon rice. I have to say we all enjoyed it, prices about average for a meal like that, we don't do alcohol so just had water, Only one niggly thing one meal came about 10 minutes before the other two, otherwise no complaints at all. Would go again and we found the staff helpfull and pleasant.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I work in Manchester City Centre so we went for a team lunch here. The food came out very quick and if you say you work in town and show your work ID you get a discount so that made us happy. I had the Thai Pad Thai with chicken and prawns and it was very nice. The soft drinks are expensive but the setting is nice (we sat downstairs) and the food was brought to us. Some bad reviews here so all I can say is I went in the day and I have no complaints and the rest of my team enjoyed their food as well. Only thing I can say is if you want something grilled then you may have to wait but if its cooked in a wok then it doesn't take long as all. We walked to Deansgate Rice (10 mins walk each way), ate and were back in work within the hour (just) and there were 7 of us so very quick service.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

First visit and last visit. Overpriced. Thai sweet chilli chicken was just thin slices of chicken, albeit they had been fried with a yellow powder either turmeric or a curry, with a spoonful of ready made generic sweet chilli glutinous sauce atop boiled fine noodles. Not given a menu for drinks but when we enquired they told us 7up, tango, coke and beer. When we asked for coke they then told us they did not have any. Rubbish place to go. They have little idea of service or good quality food and seem disinterested in their customers. Avoid this place but if this s the kind of food you like then visit Tampopo. This company does not warrant having a position on Deansgate.

1  Thank estelleManchester