“excellent meal”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Halifax, United Kingdom
“excellent meal”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Went with my daughter and grandson, for tea after a days shopping in manchester. Daughter had Thai Pad, and loved it Grandson had japanesekatsu chicken and I had Tuna steak and lemon rice. I have to say we all enjoyed it, prices about average for a meal like that, we don't do alcohol so just had water, Only one niggly thing one meal came about 10 minutes before the other two, otherwise no complaints at all. Would go again and we found the staff helpfull and pleasant.

• Visited November 2013

Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Great food and quick service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I work in Manchester City Centre so we went for a team lunch here. The food came out very quick and if you say you work in town and show your work ID you get a discount so that made us happy. I had the Thai Pad Thai with chicken and prawns and it was very nice. The soft drinks are expensive but the setting is nice (we sat downstairs) and the food was brought to us. Some bad reviews here so all I can say is I went in the day and I have no complaints and the rest of my team enjoyed their food as well. Only thing I can say is if you want something grilled then you may have to wait but if its cooked in a wok then it doesn't take long as all. We walked to Deansgate Rice (10 mins walk each way), ate and were back in work within the hour (just) and there were 7 of us so very quick service.

• Visited June 2013
manchester
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

First visit and last visit. Overpriced. Thai sweet chilli chicken was just thin slices of chicken, albeit they had been fried with a yellow powder either turmeric or a curry, with a spoonful of ready made generic sweet chilli glutinous sauce atop boiled fine noodles. Not given a menu for drinks but when we enquired they told us 7up, tango, coke and beer. When we asked for coke they then told us they did not have any. Rubbish place to go. They have little idea of service or good quality food and seem disinterested in their customers. Avoid this place but if this s the kind of food you like then visit Tampopo. This company does not warrant having a position on Deansgate.

1 Thank estelleManchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, give it a miss!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just had a terrible experience at Rice, Deansgate. After waiting 45 minutes for my meal to arrive and asking numerous staff as they wandered past, (the rest of the table had already finished eating) I went to see where my meal was. I was told that it was coming and then the waitress presented me with a take-away carton. After explaining that i hadnt ordered a take-away I was told that I would have to eat it in that as it was already done! I tried to complain but was told that they were understaffed and there was nothing that they could do - not even an apology! I asked to speak to the manager and she just laughed and said "whatever" and walked away. I joined the rest of my party with my take away and started to eat it, only for another staff member to come and take it away from me and was told that it wasn't mine. They made a big mistake though by putting a TV screeen downstairs showing the kitchen activities as we all watched the carton being taken upstairs and given to some unsuspecting customer! Stay clear of this place, you can get much better food and service elsewhere.

1 Thank Kathryn2412
London, United Kingdom
“Funky smelling food!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Was out and about on a recent visit to Manchester and saw a jerk chicken dish on Rice's menu. The place was impressive, beautiful decor, tables, bar and kitchen. Tidy and clean. The food however just looked like a pile of random left overs on my plate topped off with a spring onion garnish. It smelled even stranger, like a 3 day old takeaway container. It didn't taste anything like jerk at all it was simply rice, mushrooms, chicken, beans with chili sauce. I couldn't finish it. I ordered a jasmine tea which was fine but it was served with a biscuit that had expired 3 months ago. Overall I wouldn't recommend or visit again, the only thing they have to offer is their design concept.

2 Thank C8Lewis