“Great vibes, really good food”

habesha restaurant and bar
Ranked #155 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were recommended Habesha by a friend a few years ago. We are veggie and there's only one veggie thing on the menu. Its really good. The service super friendly and helpful and atmosphere really special. We go there as regularily as we can and often take visitors as its such a splendid place. Good beer and ethopian coffee too.

1  Thank DavyBBoy

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having never had Ethiopian food before I had no idea what to expect but I was definitely not disappointed. The waiter suggested what would be good to try as a first timer and when it came out how to eat it authentically. The lamb was very tasty and fantastic value! I'm working I'm Manchester again in couple of weeks and I'll definitely go back.

1  Thank Sublo W
Reviewed August 2, 2013

As other reviewers have said, don't let the entrance put you off! You may have to go through a kebab shop but it feels more special when you get upstairs and find a tranquil setting with warm lighting, colourful art on the walls and the friendliest staff. The service was delightful, the food was delicious and the price is unbeatable for an evening meal out in Manchester. The menu is basic in terms of choice but that doesn't matter, and they cater for chicken and lamb eaters as well as vegetarians. We loved the experience, especially eating with our hands the authentic way!

1  Thank Claire A
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I almost didn't go upstairs to the restaurant. But when I did, it was a complete contrast to the fast food place you have to walk through to get to Habesha. The food I had was 'simple' in the sense that it was not fancy or elaborate. But is was very nicely spiced and cooked. With a Tastecard it was amazingly cheap, and even without a Tastecard it must be good value. The restaurant has a tranquil atmosphere. Well worth going to.

1  Thank Jeremy57
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is my third time visiting Habesha and yet again another fantastic evening with authentic Ethiopian food (and I've been to Ethiopia on multiple occasions) with a great blend of fragrant spices. Very friendly and helpful staff. A simple but more than adequate menu. Will definitely return when next back in Manchester. Would definitely recommend if looking for a great evening meal trying something new.

1  Thank catpip