“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wyvern Restaurant - CLOSED

Wyvern Restaurant
Cuisines: British, European
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, lots of history and stunning old features. Lovely food, great choice on menu, but quite slow to be served main meal.

Visited April 2013

“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

booked on the day and dined at 6pm could not fault it for value and service.a great english restaurant in classic surroundings, this was our second visit and we will be back again.

• Visited March 2013
Cheshire
“A good Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Visited the Wyvern again with my wife on 19th February2013.

We received a deal from the hotel for two people, 2 couses and a glass of wine.

This is our second time at the Wyvern, and it certainly as good as the first.

In my opinion if you can get a deal from the hotel, or Groupon or other such companies, grab it.

The staff are friendly. There's no rush, the surroundings are pleasant and the food excellent .

Although we only had two courses with a glass of sparkling wine for the deal, we did extend it to a sweet and a bottle of wine to make it a good night (highly recommended).

Unlike some hotels you get a good choice of starters, main course and sweet all from the main menu.

This is probably not the kind of place you would go on a regular basis, due to the cost, but even without a deal if you are celebrating something special it has to be on the list.

Have a good night!!

• Visited February 2013
“A great return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the first time I am reviewing a hotel restaurant. I'm taking the time to do so, because my experience in The Wyvern restaurant was absolutely fabulous. I went to the Wyvern last year for a dinner with a few friends. I have to stay, it was terrible!!!!! I never went back for more then a year now. I decided to go back, because a few friends of mine told me the dinner and service were great. I went with my husband and I had an amazing time. You should have advertised that you had a new Restaurant Manager!!!!! Sabrina is absolutely fantastic (her hairs as well!!!). She's a keeper, senior management. The restaurant was very busy, but she took the time to speak to us, to explain the menu and to recommend a wine. She was very polite and she knows how to sell. We left with a £100 bill for two people!

The staff in the restaurant were well trained,well managed. It is great to see the staff happy and have a good relationship with their manager. This is the reason why the wyvern is so popular, I believe. Matthew, the waiter was professional and smily. Staff like this are the credit to this hotel.

Now if the Afternoon tea in your bar area improves dramatically I will come too for an afternoon tea.

“Wyvern dinner disaster.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

#1 Our reservation was lost and they asked us to return two hours later when they had a table! Not acceptable! We expressed our dissatisfaction (not the best start) and they then asked us to wait 10 minutes and they then put a table together for us.

#2 For a top hotel, we were expecting deconstructed/mastercheffy type food. The spam fritter and duck egg starter, was exactly a big spam fritter and a fried duck egg! It was nice though.

#3 However... we then waited 40 minutes for our main course which then just looked like pub fare.

#4 My main course was cold. They informed me they would microwave it (!!!) as there was not time for a fresh one.

#5 Ten minutes later my meal returned on a hot plate with no sauce and still cold! I asked for the manager who said they would prepare a fresh one but I would have to wait. This was nearly 2 hours after first entering the restaurant!!! My partner had finished his meal so obviously we weren't going to sit and wait another 40 minutes for a mediocre meal to be cooked so he could sit and watch me eat.

#6 Throughout the whole experience we had to endure another diner, in a relatively small dining room, coughing sputum off her chest every two minutes. Aaaarggghhh!!! She was sat in the middle of the room. I appreciate that it is an awkward situation for staff, but relocating her to a quieter corner of the restaurant would have been appropriate and wholly appreciated by the rest of the diners.

#7 So we left. The Wyvern manager did offer us a drink in the bar - but again we declined as it was now past 9pm and I had not eaten. We went to the main desk in the hotel and asked to speak to the hotel manager as it had been such an unsatisfactory experience. He came quite swiftly, took us to the bar, ordered us some drinks (which the waiter then dropped peanuts into and didn't notice so my other half had to fish them out!) and took our complaint seriously, promising us he would pass this over to the food and beverage manager who would contact us asap.

#8 We have heard NOTHING from the Midland since which is insulting! Unfortunately the meal had been with a Living Social voucher - so I have paid for this terrible TERRIBLE meal!!!