“busy, busy, bustling and busy”
Review of TOPS Buffet

TOPS Buffet
Ranked #496 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: TOPS restaurant specialising in ' Theatre cooking', Global Kitchen Market. We offer up to 300 mouth-watering dishes and bring you top Quality,Delicious, Fresh and Health Food from many different regions of the world such as China, Japan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Mongolia, Korea, Vietnam, Italian and french seafood.Our highly skilled chefs will take you an Global Culinary Journey. Come and enjoy an Amazing Experiance in our Wonderful restaurant.
“busy, busy, bustling and busy”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This was the polar opposite of the previous nights eating and not what we were expecting. A pack 'em in, eat what you can, leave in 75minutes.

The location suggests world food however is basically Asian with a bit of Indian. (they need to learn what Thai fishcakes look like though, this was less Bangkok more Findus)

The food was well cooked, and although it feels like a cattle market, it tastes ok. It was hot and has flavour. If your looking to line the stomach on a night out in Manchester then you could do worse.

Visited February 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Tops of the flops!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A substandard buffet in the heart of Manchester. Visited several times, thought it was alright. Cheap enough but not the finest cuisine. However, my experience today (20/02/2014) confirmed that this place is not living up to its moniker.

The service at the counter before entry was particularly cold and unwelcoming. We were shown silently to our table. The drinks menu couldn't have been any stickier had it been draped in honey. I ordered a Canada Dry, which the menu described as being a 200ml bottle. However, the bottle that arrived was 62.5% of what I'd paid for. The 125ml mixer drink sized bottle was 'the only size [they] sold', charging the same price as the fictitious 200ml bottle. When challenged, the waiters didn't seem to understand. As the first was insufficient, I ordered another Canada Dry which was also laughably small.

Went for some food. What a mistake! Plates were dirty and dusty and the cutlery was like something that had been buried and not washed. Pancakes tasted a bit like soggy chip paper cut into discs. Aromatic Duck/Pork (was labelled as both and I couldn't tell which one it was) was ludicrously glutenous and fatty. It crumbled and lacked flavour. Egg fried rice wasn't fried, but boiled, much like the lemon chicken which was also uneatable. The chips were cold, clearly cooked from frozen and inedible. Soups were not pleasant on the tastebuds, rather like drinking bleach with old plasters floating in it.

Deserts were also a let down. Lack of any choice, all that were available were cheap penny sweets, blancmanges, tinned fruit and processed ice cream. Gone were the gateaux selections, cakes and so on.

In conclusion, I wouldn't waste my time or money again. A disappointing experience in an unpleasant restaurant. Tops could be an acronym for Terrible Odious Purulent Scraps.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank JorgeWalsh
Salford, United Kingdom
“Tops? More like Bottoms!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went for Lunch today - been a few times before and thought it was really nice, but today! First of all the Menus on the table were absolutely filthy - not been cleaned for months, the plates were all dirty, cutlery filthy, food was awful, lots of changes, spring rolls and all the starters were cold, the egg fried rice (labelled as) was boiled, the Tandoori chicken, previously pieces of skewered chicken have been replaced by chicken wings and legs, the soup was awful, there was not one thing that I tried I could say tasted reasonable.
A man dressed all in black who I can only assume was the Manager was wandering around the restaurant pretending to be interested, he glared at me when I told him the plates were dirty- none of the waiters/waitresses could speak a word of English (from all nations) one even came to take our drinks order with earphones in - so not only could she not speak English she couldn't hear us anyway!
But what "Topped" it off was my visit to the toilet at the end of the "meal" when I could hear some poor person throwing up in the cubicle next to me - says it all!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Bedders64
Manchester, United Kingdom
“AVOID THIS BUFFET!!!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I found 4 hairs in my food but everytime I approached the waiters and waitresses they couldn't understand or they didt speak english properly. The food was stone cold and everything tasted the same nothing had flavour.the rice was chewy like it had been reheated again and again.the noodles were dry. The pork dim sum had a gritty texture. The pork spare ribs had all fat on them and barely any meat.the pizza had no topping on it.theres nothing that I tried which I enjoyed and they said they were going to give my child a half price discount if she was under 150cm but they didn't and I only discovered that when I came home aswell as offering my son a student discount which they also did not put on. The tables and chairs were all cramped up and it was not easy to move to get the food.always check your reciepts because they are greedy and can overcharge you.and at the back of the dessert area it was all unclean and filthy.the food grabbers or spoon handles were all greasy and sticky.they have have ruined our family celebration and we are never to be seen again.and I saw two big cockroaches on the under my table.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Asif M
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“All you can eat TasteTastic!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

With hundreds of dishes from all over the world to choose from you can't go wrong here. To feed 2 adults and 2 children it cost us around £31.00 and it really was all you can eat!! The deserts were to die for and the chocolate fountain is a must. You have to visit you won't regret it!!

1 Thank SuzanneSST