“Delicious food, great surroundings”
Review of Gorilla

Gorilla
Ranked #80 of 2,274 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
North West
“Delicious food, great surroundings”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have wanted to eat in Gorilla for ages having heard great things about the food. Went with 5 friends on Saturday night for a meal. The menu was really appealing (the specials had all gone sadly). Our food was delicious including the vegetarian option that I had, drinks were good and the service excellent. We will definitely return - very tempted by the Sunday lunch menu.

• Visited February 2013

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Good for Veggie Breakfast”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Does breakfast up until 4pm and the veggie option was pretty good. I was a greedy gal and got extra fries as well - they were not so nice - bit over done. On the whole service and food was good.

• Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious every time.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I love this place, in fact it is one of my favourite places in Manchester. I've now been for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even evening drinks. On the south end of the city, this place is a winner hands down. The menu is diverse, meals are fresh, and food is consistently good every time. It has a very down to earth vibe, and the staff is really friendly. I would definitely recommend their breakfast menu, as well as their Sunday roasts - absolutely delish.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brunch at Gorilla”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been to Gorilla a couple of times and I generally like the place. It's got a cool atmosphere and a good menu. I can recommend the porchetta and salsa verde (roast belly pork stuffed with rosemary, bay and garlic, with crackling and salsa verde in a warm ciabatta), it is fantastic; as are Gorllia's milkshakes. The only slight criticism of the place I have is when I took my folks there for breakfast (which is also very good) and my dad, being a bit of a fussy eater, asked if he could swap an item from his Full English for something else. A fairly reasonable request which was abruptly declined as we were advised restaurant policy not to allow swaps (so bear that in mind if you're anything like my father when it comes to food). If this is the policy then I suppose it is fair enough, but it just didn't seem very customer-centric service-wise and I might consider other places that would exercise some flexibility when dining with fussy-ish eaters in future. However, other than that small critical point, this place is a good place to eat and drink, and I would recommend.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really helpful staff & tasty food”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to Gorilla a few times and always enjoyed the food, which is of a slightly higher standard than that of usual chain bars. Today there was a bit of a mix up with our order and one dish came quite a bit later than the other. This wasn't a huge problem anyway as we were sharing, but obviously was an inconvenience. However, the staff were really helpful and, without us asking, did not charge us for the second dish, as well as giving us an extra portion of fries for free. The food was really good but the higher standard of customer service made a huge difference too. I would have recommended it anyway (especially the chargrilled chicken) but would do so even more strongly after today.