“Young and hip atmosphere”
Review of Gorilla

Gorilla
Ranked #80 of 2,274 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester
“Young and hip atmosphere”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I went here with 15 work collegues for lunch at around 12:15pm. We preordered our food and drink. When we arrived our drinks came straight out, they do regular and pint size drinks, which is good! Our foid came quickly. I had a toasted cheese sandwich which cam with a small side of soup. Both were gorgeous! Others had burgers and kebabs which looked and smelt amazing. Not a complaint about any of the food. I love the laidback atmosphere in their and it looked like they did some great cocktails! Will definately be going back, after work next time ! :)

“Really lovely food!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been to gorilla now a number of times and I have never been let down by the food, which is always really tasty and good value. I the gorilla burger is particularly good ad are the ultimate fires. The only thing that could improve is the front of house service, which at times is slow and sometimes indifferent. Other than that it is a winner!

• Visited November 2012
“Completely let down by Front of House staff...”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love Trof. Always have. This venture, though, has left me incredibly uncomfortable. Treated like an idiot by 'waiting-on' staff who ignored me as soon as tables started filling. Interestingly enough, they ignored everyone. I sat without a drink for half an hour. When I asked to order food I was told the bar was my 'best bet' yet had been told it was table service when I arrived. I stated I was on my own, with a number of bags, implying it would be inappropriate for me to leave my small table to stand at a busy bar as i would no doubt lose my belongings, only to be given a 'look' (the guy in the blue 'Rain City' t-shirt). Disgusting service. This was only slightly redeemed by service just minutes later, obviously on the advice of aforementioned member of staff, along with a secondary check that i had indeed (finally) been served. Still, the initial reaction has stuck and I was disappointed and fairly embarrassed by the treatment I was given.
I want to continue to love Trof, but maybe I'll avoid this particular establishment in future.

1 Thank TigerLily86
Manchester, United Kingdom
“It's a really nice place to dine.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hi out of all the places Mary Naylor has worked this is my favourite. it's close to her house so she can walk which means she can ring me up on the way and we talk about tree art or how
to appear attentive in a conversation when your mind is elswhere or things of that nature. One time somebody shot a pigeon close to her as we talked and another time we discussed how to fillet a fish. To be honest i'm surprised she doesn't ring more often as I have seven other great subjects I can expound upon. So in summation eat here......it's where Mary works.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank rasberrywine57
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Laid-back to the point of indifference...”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went there Sunday lunchtime for a quick bite to eat. After a couple of minutes wait we were asked if we wanted any drinks. We ordered 2 coffees. The guy taking our order said he'd have to check to see if they had any coffee left! (He thought they had run out!) This should have set alarm bells ringing.

We had to wait 15 minutes for any other staff to appear so we could place our order (from the breakfast menu) to be told that the Roast dinners were nice. We stuck to the original order and ended up waiting for 40 minutes for any food to turn up. It was only just warm when it did finally arrive. Finally we had to get up and find someone so we could pay the bill. Hopeless.

The bar / restaurant is all very nicely fitted-out with expensively distressed fixtures but I would rather have a greasy spoon that values its clientele more than this place.

I gather it is owned / run by Trof who are known for other establishments in Manchester. I would have thought the restaurant/bar market in Manchester far too competitive to allow this sort of service/experience?

• Visited October 2012