“Great food great atmosphere”
Review of Ashoka

Ashoka
Ranked #1,260 of 2,400 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Right in the centre
Reviewed June 17, 2014

service was excellent, very friendly staff, I had the Masala fish to start, it was great, for mains i had Balti chicken potatoes which was full of flavour
.Will definately be returning.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We visited Manchester over the weekend 17/18 May 2014, on the Night of the 17th we went to the theater and decided to dine out after the show and we found our self's lured into the Ashoka restaurant by the green lighting from the outside. on entering the establishment we were greeted by a friendly face and polite manner, And from there on the night took a dive into incompetence!!
My friend ordered poppadoms and I ordered the chicken Shahlik for starters, I ordered a hot spicy curry for my main and my friend ordered the larger option of the Chicken Shahlik and Chapati for her starter. Even thought it was clearly said I didnt want any poppadoms they brought twice as many poppadoms as ordered to the table, and my friend took her time to eat them in a attempt to waste time waiting for my starter to arrive so we could eat together, time past, my friend finished the poppadoms, some ten minuets after she had finished my starter arrived, so much for sharing a meal together!!! it took over an hour for our main to arrive, during this time, we asked for some ice water, we just got water, so we had to ask for the Ice again, I ordered a pint, it didn't arrive so I asked another member of staff for a pint, all in all it took 15-20 mins just to get a drink in a restaurant that wasn't that busy. When our main's finally got to the table, they couldn't be bother to bring any serving spoons with them, so I asked for a spoon, at this point in stead of giving us the culinary utensils and leaving at that, they decided to treat us like children and spoon the food onto the plate!!
Even thought I enjoyed my main, my friends main was a disaster!!! They should of cooked my starter and her main separately, but they didn't and because they took so long to get it to the table her chicken was dry chew able and lost a lot of flavor, the onions were burnt and stuck to the serving dish, the mushrooms were rubbery due to the extended heating, the tomatoes were not even on the dish and there was no sauce, possibly totally dried out as it was kept on a heat setting for 45 mins!! the chapati was under cooked doey in texture lacking any flavor and rigid, so inflexible to mop up any type of food, a action i have seen my friend do a thousand times, it was so bad that she just left it, I ordered two coffee's, and they brought one to the table!!! it was so cold my friend drunk it in one go.

we eat out often and this is the worst restaurant we have been to in a long time, a total disgrace, bad food/cooking small portion over priced for what you get and despicable Service.

if your looking for some ware to eat in Manchester, do not choose this place, there is nothing to recommend it

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We've eaten at Ashoka many times over the years, usually at lunchtime. We have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh, plentiful with a good use of fresh herbs and spices. Service is attentive, and it represents good value for money.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited a few days ago and had the 3course for £9.95 dinner offer. For the price it is very very good. Poppadoms are nice and the onion bhaji is very nice.

I went for the dansak for main which was very nice but just needed more sauce.

Only let down was the rice which was more like couscous and very dry.

Would go again

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Had a chicken balti soo nice wanted to eat more i cant lol . Brilliant service nice food . Staff was lovely fun n passion. Definitely visiting here again soon .