“Enjoyable atmosphere to share a drink with friends”
Review of The Violet Hour - CLOSED

The Violet Hour
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Next to Canadian Charcoal Pit in West Didsbury. Opened 25/05/12
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went in for a quick drink with friends and were most impressed with the house cocktail, service and atmosphere created. We managed to get a seat which might not be that readily available later on in the evening. We enjoyed what they have done with the space and will look to go back for some food soon enough

Dan P, Owner at The Violet Hour, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review guys, delighted you like the bar. Call back soon!

There are newer reviews for The Violet Hour

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Called in here last night as we were walking through West Didsbury
From the out side looked very welcoming, so called in for a drink
Only small but with extra seating upstairs, and a bar also up there.
Was busy with people coming and going. A very nice place for a drink before dinner, or if we lived closer a good place to chill out and relax for an hour or two!

Hey thanks for the kind review! Glad you like the bar, make sure you swing by again soon :)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was at the same party as awheatland and I don't recognise his description of the venue, food and service! We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening! We thought the food was good value for money although the service was understandably a little slow due to the large party of 25 plus. The atmosphere was fun and the cocktails very tasty. The staff were helpful and worked hard. We would definitely recommend this venue for a party!

Ah thanks so much for putting this review of the party up, the team is always disappointed if anyone leaves unhappy so I'm pleased that those thoughts weren't the consensus amongst the group. We thought it was a lovely atmosphere up there that night and I'm really pleased you had a good evening. See you soon. Dan x

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently booked The Violet Hour for my birthday party. There were about 25 of us for a sit down meal and we had the upstairs to ourselves during the meal. The owner Dan was really helpful in organising the party and the service was good on the night. The menu I think was newish and was really varied/different to what you get in most places (and tasty). The food was great value for money. I would definitely go there again!

Hi Tegan, delighted you had a good evening! Thanks for taking the time to review as well, keep in touch and see you soon. Dan x

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went last month as part of a party group. We had to pre order our food a couple of weeks in advance, which I'm not fond of at the best of times, but as it was a large group I thought it was fair enough.
The bar staff were friendly and helpful, however when the food came it all went downhill quickly. Everything I ordered was swimming in grease and fat and just didn't taste nice at all. The burger I had for main was very undercooked bordering on raw. I like a bit of pink to my meat, but this was unacceptable in addition to the fact that the bun (and by the end) my fingers were saturated with the grease from it.
After the food the general atmosphere was good and the drinks, while pricey, weren't too bad either.
I wouldn't recommend this place though if you're planning on eating anything worth paying for.

Dan P, Owner at The Violet Hour, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hi there, oh no! Always so disappointing when we read a review like this because the last thing we want is a guest to leave unhappy. I remember the night in question and the atmosphere up there was great, the staff were actually talking about how nice the group was so it's frustrating that this time your food wasn't up to scratch.

We've only been doing the food full time for 5 weeks and it has been a learning curve, especially for functions of that size (26 from memory) and this will be something else we discuss internally and work on to ensure it won't happen again (we've already made more considerable investment in the kitchen since then).

Anyway we'd be delighted if you gave the food another chance here, we're always keen to change the mind of unhappy customers. Just thankful other parts of the experience like the staff were up to scratch. All the best anyway and thanks for taking the time to review.