“Just Had Great Meal at Doop Shack”

DHOOP Authentic Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The first restaurant in Manchester offering you really authentic Indian food. With years of experience in various world class restaurants & hotels, born & brought up in New Delhi India, chef & owner Atul is confident to provide regional & authentic Indian food for Manchester people who are fed up with big curry house & Takeaways run by non Indians and claiming to be Indian food. Enjoy authentic Indian Thali or a relaxed Indian meal or order a takeout at our 50 seater fully air conditioned Indian restaurant & bar in West Didsbury. All Take Away Curries £ 5.99 from our regular menu with Dhoop.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just Had Great Meal at Doop Shack”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

They recently started as Asian Fusion, but are now concentrating on authentic Indian Cousine. Moninka and Atul Lamba, are originally from Dehli...'The Jewal in the Crown of Indian Cooking'.

All the food was home cooked. The asparagus and spinach vegetarian starter was delicious which was served with home made 'green chutney' and special flat bread. The main courses of Chicken Curry and Tandoor Vegetables in a spicy sauce, were delightful.

We had not eaten curry dishes for many years in local Curry Houses, as we found them boring and not authentic.

Most enjoyable evening, with exceptional food and with a very interesting wine list.

“Made a nice change”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Made a nice change from the normal indian cuisine so if you fancy something a bit different it's worth giving it a go.

My wife and I loved the home made stuffed flat breads.

Their special chicken curry is amazing too - the chicken is cooked on the bone and the sauce is wondeful - just the right amoung of heat.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A New Taste In Didsbury”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We are Didsbury residents and are spoiled by the array of eateries we can walk to either in the village or in West Didsbury. We were wandering down Burton a few weeks ago road looking for somewhere to eat and noticed this new place....3 courses and a bottle of wine thrown in...why not?

What can I say, I think I have found a new favourite - the food is a real fusion of English fayre with an Indian twist. I had curry pate for starter and this had a wonderful spice to it - not something I would normally even contemplate putting together, followed by the honey, lemon and thyme chicken which again was wonderful...and for the piece de resistance a wonderful orange sticky toffee pudding for dessert - which is my fiancée's favourite and something she is very picky about - she named it the best she had ever had!!

We chatted with Atul and Monika afterwards and whilst they acknowledged they were still getting their heads around how their service system should work - this was evident (this will come together and probably already has) but what nice people.

We will definitely be back and I urge you to take a night away from the Lime Tree, Greens etc etc and try this place.

“Amazing find”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I saw the menu for this place on a flyer round a friend's house and was immediately intrigued by the, for want of a better word, fusion menu. Finally got round to trying it out tonight with my boyfriend and was so impressed I want to go back again next week. We started off with the king prawns and smoked haddock tikki, followed by the dhoop special chicken curry (my boyfriend) and lamb rump (me). The lamb rump was cooked to perfection and came with a flavoursome turmeric mash, green beans and red onion marmalade. It was a delicious palate pleaser no less due the fact it was such an unusual combination - to have what was essentially a very traditional meat and two veg dish with the strong flavours of exotic Indian spices - it just worked so well together. My boyfriend's curry on the other hand was a classic traditional Indian curry, the sort of thing my gran makes - big on flavour,made with quality ingredients and didn't taste greasy or heavy, just delicious. Overall very pleased with this find and can see myself going back very soon for more.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Easily the best veggie selection of indian / fusion I have ever seen. 10/10 for taste!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Pros - the lady working the front would bend over backwards for you!
- chef came out for a natter, really lovely!
- impressive fusion Indian food, lots of variety, nice to be able to try something new
- good quality and lots of "vegan / veggie" options
- meats looked amazing though!
- intimate but clean and airy atmosphere
- small enough to care big enough to cater
- fantastic addition to Burton road I think, very different from "curry house" vibe
- local artists work on the walls etc... Nice touches

Cons - can tell its new due to toilets etc... Smelt of paint?! If that really is a con?
- music and decor seemed to clash? Traditional music with modern decor?

My tips would be.... Make use of the desserts and offer a "coffee / tea and dessert" combo during the day, for people who want to relax and nibble?!

Chocolate and basil pudding with coffee for £X amount on a sat sun lunch time! YUM!

Will 100% be going again!