“Its mental!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our premature son had just had an operation at St Mary's hospital (his 4th) and relieved that it had gone well we headed into town for some food. We ended up here.
What can I say, its crazy, overpriced but it kinda works in a doesn't work at all kinda way. We had a great evening mainly because they gave us a random massive discount and the fact that our waitress was hilarious and being Northern was sort of bemused by the whole thing herself.
Go once for the novelty value!

2  Thank Ian B

Reviewed January 18, 2013

had a very enjoyable lunch
the place feels very french
the set menu makes life very easy
the wines were good
all in all a great experience and i will be going back for more

2  Thank PhilipJepson
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Left restaurant feeling merry with drink & full, but not bloated. Never been to a restaurant like this before, and to add to it all theres a discount in Jan & Feb 2013. No good if you do not like a steak!

1  Thank overnighters_11
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food was nice here, I would recommend it. The sauce is EXCELLENT! It did feel very Parisian. The service was a little sketchy, but I put this down to newly opening. I would return, but only with an offer/voucher. Defintely have the red wine too, yum!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Steak, frites and a green salad. Been there done that. I just didnt get this place. On a very busy shopping Saturday in Manchester last December my wife and I dropped in for a late lunch at approx 2.45 pm. Outside people were bouncing off each other, inside there were 5 people at 2 tables.

It's a cavernous space with bright lights, a high ceiling, a cheap looking bar (surplus to requirements of course) and at the time of our visit, zero atmosphere.

The steak was steak, the frites were frites and the sauce was green (and herby and salty and mysterious) and the salad starter was green and mustardy with walnuts. The dessert was bought out (i think) and the coffee some brand or another.

It just didnt add up to much and i am still trying to work out if I or many people would go more than once.

i think the best review i can give is, in the French tradition, a shrug of the shoulders, a couple of up turned palms and a pursingh of the lips.