“Sloooooow service , bland food”
Review of Bollywood Masala

Bollywood Masala
Ranked #1,104 of 2,386 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bollywood Masala is the winner of multiple awards such as the Restaurant of the Year 2014 North West Manchester by Asian curry Awards and English Curry Awards. Bollywood Masala is a new concept which combines the heady cultural colours and extravagance of the Bollywood film industry with the aromas and flavorous of the cuisines of the Indian subcontinent with a fusion of western tastes. With this Restaurant we have modernized Indian cuisine taking it to its next level yet still keeping its authentic flavorous approached in a contemporary fusion manner with different accents from around the world added to dishes making this visit a unique experience.
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visit the Bollywood masala tonight (28/10/2013) redeeming a groupon voucher.

The staff were pleasant enough but we're not very attentive. It wasn't particularly busy but we waited over 10 minutes for a drink, pappadoms and menus, a further 20 minutes to order and then the starter and mains a good 30 minutes between. Waiters no where to be seen, plates and dishes etc from started left on table until mains arrived, no offer of drinks.

The food itself wasn't of good quality. I ordered lamb chops which came cremated and with minimal meat. My partner had some form of chicken dumplings which she said were just ok.

After a lengthy wait the mains arrived, I had ordered a prawn and chicken curry ( I don't remember the name it was a special) and my partner a mixed biryiani. The meat appeared to be small cubes of formed chicken and the prawns were the tiniest shrimp you could find- and we're quite sparse. Although I had asked the waiter to make it hot - not incredibly but just a kick- it had nothing and I'm not a spice addict, it was just not hot at all. It tasted bland and I got fed up as it was basically cold rice and sauce. My partners biryiani lacked the usual egg/omelette and had very little sauce, again very little meat.

We did not eat very much of it so the manager discused with us our unhappiness. Despite being on a groupon they still wanted ��22 I'm addition! We had 2 cokes and some pappadoms!! After much debate I agreed to pay them ��13 but i walked out confused as to what that was actually for...
Avoid it even if you have a voucher, treat yourself to a jar of Grossman from tesco instead.

3  Thank Daniel D

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visited here on saturday the 26th october, we wanted to go to Akbars down the road but it was a 40 min wait, I wished I waited now because the service was slow and the food was average at best, my girlfriends Chicken tikka masala tasted like tinned tomato and chicken was dry, my lamb bhuna was watery and lacked in any taste. When the water asked if everything was ok i said it was just ok and offered me a half dish for free, but i didnt want to wait anylonger for more food so he took 50% off my meal. The popadoms were ok, but no lime picle instead a strange mint sauce, never had that at an indian, but it wasnt horrible. All in all for 30 quid it was ok but i wouldnt return. The Staff are polite but I didnt feel valued my girlfriend had to ask for them to take our order.

2  Thank JimmyClarkson
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is my 7th visit to this restaurant. From when you arrive you are greeted with a warm and friendly smile. The restaurant surroundings and decor are beautiful and the restaurant is very clean. The staff are lovely and helpful and cannot do enough for you. When we ordered our drinks they in a matter of minutes.
The menu is extensive and you have a lot of choice. The food is absoutely to die for hence my 7th visit and soon to be 8th! They cater for everyone's taste and if you are not sure what you fancy you can ask and they will give their opinion.
Basically if you want good food in a lovely atmosphere with excellent service then this is the place for you.
I have visited with family birthdays/ friends/ quick tea with a friend - it ticks all the boxes for any occasion.
ENJOY!

1  Thank willhy
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited this location after purchasing a Groupon Voucher.
Normally when purchasing such vouchers the Restaurant staff run you through what items are included in the offer. This never happened here and when we selected certain items we were then told they would cost morre, ie a Biryani would cost £4 more.
Pappodoms and chutney were not include in the offer and had to be paid for extra as well. Most other establishments throw these in with the offer.
The poppadoms came quickly however they did not come to take our order for a long while so we had ate the poppadoms before they even took our order, this is pretty slow indeed.
For starter we had Chicken Pakora (£4.20) which was lovely and presented really nicely. Also the meat samosas (£2.95)were quite nice although not made with Filo pastry more of a thicker pastry.
For mains we had a Chicken jalfrezi (£7.95) and a chicken madras (£7.95), pilau rice to accompany. Again the rice was not included in the offer. Both were very nice and tasty, although the madras sauce was a bit gravy tasting . The chicken pieces in both curries were quite small but very soft indeed. There were lots of green chillies in the jalrezi which were lovely.
We attended on a midweek night so it was pretty quite, perhaps six tables taken, so there was no real atmosphere, but overall we enjoyed our meals.
On the Groupon offer, we had the offer with two drinks added on (£19.99) and overall the food we ate included in the offer came to £23.05, plus the trwo drinks, so we do not think it was a massive saving. Of course there are more expensive options to choose, but many are charged for.
We we sat in the window overlooking the street, a bit like a goldfish bowl as we had some looney outside sticking his head in front of us and wavy £20 notes at us, suppose this can't be helped with it being on the road/footpath.
The restaurant is in a good location of the City away from all the bars,but the is now a lot of competition in this area from restaurants such as Akbars, Khan ba ba, also on Liverpool Road and Lal Qila on Deansgate.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Really well executed tasty food, would visit again. Service also efficient and friendly. Can recommend the chilli paneer most heartily!

1  Thank kuzuf