“Wonderful”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have dined in lotus on several occasions as I only live round the corner from it. The food is fantastic and comes in very generous servings. I have tried a different South Indian dish on every visit and have not been disappointed yet. The food is excellent value for money and the staff are really friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this restaurant .

• Visited November 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great South Indian Food experience- super tasty”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

PLEASE NOTE: the picture representing this restaurant on trip advisor is not correct. visit the lotus website to see what it looks like on the outside!
I dined here a couple of weeks ago a Monday evening.
Firstly great value: There were four of us in total, we got two starters, four mains and a beer each: ended up about £20 per person including tip.

The portions extremely generous, we ended up taking 5 takeaway containers of food home with us as we just couldn't manage the portions. WE all had this delight for lunch the next day. I have a great appetite but if you are getting starters, I would definitely recommend sharing a main meal.
The service was great with the waiter explaining the menu and outlining the popular dishes to us. The food is all cooked fresh therefore you do wait a little longer for your meal so I would definitely recommend allowing for time so that you can enjoy the experience.

We had the satay skewers (best I have ever eaten!!) and the chilli paneer to start. These were both very tasty and we cleared the plates between four people.

For the main, we had a variety and shared.
Veg Biryani- very tasty, I am partial to a biryani and this is one of the best I have had.
Lamb Malaysian Curry- lamb was so tender and well flavoured.
Mutton Kothu- very filling dish, unusual- bread makes up a large part of this meal. First time I have tasted this but was impressed. Very filling- do not need rice or noodles with this one.
Mama Mee Goreng- noodles with peanuts, prawns, chicken, veg- this was my favourite.. absolutely scrumptious!

Please note, they also ask if you would like mild medium or hot when it comes to the curries- we are able to tolerate spice quite well usually- we went for medium to be on the safe side and we were glad we did. This was extremely hot, not sure we would have tolerated hot!!

We are all definitely going to be returning visitors to this. Vasanthy (the cook) and her husband run a tight ship here. We are looking forward to returning.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MissAoif
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very Authentic South Indian Food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food in this restaurant was as good as the food I ate recently in Kerala. The dosa's are fantastic and well worth a try. The south indian fish curry was as good as any I have tried anywhere. The service is friendly and I will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
“A must try”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Food was gorgeous staff are lovely 2nd visit will definitely be returning service a little all over but very polite and make you feel very welcome tell you if you order too much also. A definite try

• Visited June 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“cutting corners ...”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

not good.

pushy staff, but for all that, they couldn't seem to get much right. kept on coming back suggesting different beers as the good ones were out of stock.

there's something about a banana leaf special, which amounted to a tray with a banana leaf on it and then lots of little metal bowls of dips and chopped onion atop that. not exactly one to write home about.

what was supposed to be fish wrapped in banana leaves was mostly some kind of sweet and sour sauce with about two pieces of white fish.

in my fish curry the fish had evidently been frozen and was flavourless. a pity as the sauce itself was OK, albeit they use the same one for lamb and the fish.

very slow in delivering the food; one of our party had to wait about fifteen minutes after the other meals had been delivered.

on the other hand, verrrrry quick to come round for the bill. they couldn't get the card into the machine fast enough. guess they wanted the table for the next customers.

if this place got a bit more focussed on food and service, and a bit less of the hustle and over-effusive smiles, they might be good. the trouble with cutting corners is that it shows.

• Visited June 2013