“Good welcome and attention to detail”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel 12 times in the past 3 months. On each occassion the welcome extended was warm and efficient. The staff throughout are well trained and helpful. The food and accommodation are excellent. I shall always use this hotel when staying in the City.
Graham Smith, HR Consultant

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you for all of your very kind comments, we are pleased to read that you will continue to choose our hotel as your base and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,846)

Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson for just one night when we went to Manchester for a concert. We went with friends and arrived early to have a massage and a swim, then we all had a pre dinner drink in the bar and the very nice and helpful receptionist Alex recommended a lovely Thai restaurant we. We went to the gig then came back to the hotel for some amazing cocktails, the barman (i wish i could remember his name) made a huge effort to make the perfect cocktails for us and was absolutely charming. It had been a long day by the time we got to bed and found that our bed was so comfortable that we slept like a dream. Our room had everything we needed and was quiet and the bed was soft! one of the best beds i have ever slept in in a hotel. In the morning we had a wonderful breakfast. We will definitely stay at this hotel every time we go to Manchester.
P.s. the staff that turn down the beds and stuff were really nice too, the girl gave me some extra hot chocolate and tea.
Thank you for such an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for this great feedback, we are pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Sayed here for three days on recent business trip.

The hotels room were great and must have been recenyl refurbished.

I had a private balcony with tabel and chairs and I would sit and read the paper (the weather was good)

The hotel had everything I needed for my trip and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for this review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in our Al Fresco Suite and hope to welcome you back again very soon

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I spent 3 nights here in September. Great location, I loved the bed, the room service buffet breakfast we ordered was excellent and the afternoon tea there was lovely. The service in general was very good and I was very pleased with my choice as it was quite literally a coin toss between this and the other well known Manchester hotel.

I didn't enjoy the facial/full body massage that much but I imagine these things vary with the practitioner so won't dock a point for this. The entrance is a bit nondescript but still doesn't detract from the hotel, which is very good value for money. I am partial to Radissons as they all have free wifi which in this day and age should come as standard in all hotels - sadly this isn't the case.

Next time I'm in Manchester I'll be staying here and this time in the suite - looks fabulous in the photos!

• Stayed: September 2010

Thank you for providing this detailed feedback. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in a Suite on your return

Reviewed October 25, 2010

As a birthday treat, (my 50th), my eldest daughter treated me to a visit to the Spa located on the lower floor of the Radisson Edwardian Hotel. The staff were extremely helpful, courteous and polite and proffesional. The spa itself was spotless and the lunch we had was delicious and was served to us with a smile and we were made to feel very comfortable. I had a massage, a facial and a manicure, all of my treatments were so relaxing and I felt so at ease. I would have no hesitation in reccomending a visit to the spa at the Radisson. It was, all in all, a wonderful, relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable experience which I can't wait to repeat.

• Stayed: October 2010
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

We are pleased you enjoyed your birthday pamper treat and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed one night to attend a conference dinner. On our arrival at 4.45pm at the door nearest the Convention Centre our luggage was collected and quickly appeared in our room - which was an internal one and below the glass roof.

We left the hotel by the same doors as we arrived at 5.45pm and returned at 12.15 am. We were rather surprised to discover a notice stuck to the door saying enter the building by another door, on the main road. When we got round there was a crowd around the door, smoking and swearing through which we had to push. It bore a great resemblence to a couple of seedy night clubs we'd passed on our walk back from our function. The "security officers" not hotel employees, were inside the doors! Inside,also, were 3 police officers - apparently called after a domestic incident in one of the rooms!

Our conversation with the Duty Manager would have been far better if, instead of trying to justify the problem outsdie and the fact they had to shut the side doors because of "security", (which appeared to boil down to a budgetry decision not to keep a member of satff on a late shift) he'd actually apologised before I'd suggested that, it might be a good move!

Arriving in our room at 12.30 we could not believe the volume of the music - loud enough to sing along. It took 2 calls at 12.45am and 1.05am to get it turned down - it finally went off at 1.15am. A total lack of management control of the function meant that no one was monitoring what was happening - had there been perhaps the screaming young women who continued until after 1.45 am might have been dealt with and quickly removed.

We finally got an apology from the Sunday morning duty manager - and a 50% reduction in the room rate, but only after we'd pushed him for it. He did reveal that normally only guests at the wedding stay on floors 2-3 - but they were busy this weekend!
Frankly I wonder about it's 5 star rating - a 4 star one would be being pretty kind! Some futher management training also wouldn't come amiss.

As we left there were a police car, fire engine, and 2 ambulances at the hotel, a back up battery in the basement had "blown up" the words of an employee and 2 members of staff over come by fumes. Personally if we return to Manchester, despite the promise of an upgrade if we go back, I'd rather stay somehwere else!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
We are rather surprised to read your comment regarding our Grade 11 listed Walters Façade.
The security and comfort of our guests is our primary concern and we make no apologies for this, which is why we have additional Hotel staff on duty during Friday and Saturday evenings at the entrance of the Hotel.
We are sorry that you were disturbed by the private function in the Hotel. The building is of a concrete frame, which of course causes the soundproofing in the bedrooms and corridors to be extremely calming and peaceful. A fact commented on many times by previous reviews, so this is a surprise to us.
The minor incident you referred to on departure, in fact was following a call made by us to the Fire Service purely as a precautionary measure as per our policy regarding guest safety as mentioned earlier. The incident certainly did not involve anything blowing up or staff being overwhelmed by smoke.
I have responded in such detail as we would not want anybody reading this review to be misled. In fact our reputation for our service and care of our guests has just earned us our second North West Hotel of the Year award. I can assure you we are very diligent in upholding our standards.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Nothing was too much trouble - the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and had everything you could need. Breakfast was good, and the service efficient. Hotel is in a great location, rooms are a generous size, and I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

We appreciate this very positive feedback regaring our product and service and are delighted you enjoyed your stay.