“Would stay again, and again, and again........”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We booked this hotel following the reviews we read on here and were not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful, very grand but relaxed and comfortable at the same time. The staff are great, very helpful and efficient, they will do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable.
The room was compact but very nice. It was decorated to a high standard, the bed was very comfy and large with good pillows. The bathroom was really nice with a walk in wetroom with a fantastic power shower.
We ate in the Opus restaurant which is fine dining. The meal was absolutely one of the nicest meals we have had with excellent service yet again.
The hotel is well located about 5mins walk from the shops with lots of bars and restaurants around it. It even has a cinema just behind the hotel. The pool and jacuzzi where fantastic to come back to after a long day shopping.
We really loved the hotel and would stay each time we come to Manchester from now on. If I had to give any negative feedback it would be very petty things like, a complimentary bottle of water in the room would be nice as would some slippers to go with the robes. We were also a little shocked at the cost of £26 for the car park (but this was for 30hrs). I wouldn't let any of these things put me off staying again though.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager. at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for your feedback .

Great comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,896)

Reviewed November 8, 2009

Stayed at the hotel to celebrate a friends 40th birthday. Every member of staff we came into contact with was genuinely keen to please and help. For a big hotel it was refreshing not to feel like just a number. Reception staff were pleasant and efficient, rooms were well maintained very clean, and all the catering team were professional and attentive. Really couldn't find any faults with our stay at the hotel. I have stayed in many beautiful hotels around the world but the Radisson didn't just meet our expectations it truly exceeded it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Me and my boyfriend went down to Manchester for the night and stayed in this hotel, was a gorgeous hotel, the room was beautiful, we got a deluxe king size room, the bed was very comfy, and you get bathrobes in the room also.
We went down to the pool, and this was very nice with lovely lighting, there is a pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and there is also a gym, and a relaxation room where you can sit and have orange juice in peace. There is also the spa in the hotel.
We went to the bar when we returned back to the hotel at night, and this was lovely place, and breakfast in the morning was great, with everything that you needed.
The staff were very nice, i would not hesitate in returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Having travelled extensively and tending to stay in 5 star hotels my view is that this hotel does not justify the 5 star rating, - It may tick the boxes to meet the requirements but falls well short on standards and amazingly seems to close down on a Sunday closing it's main Opus restaurant and Cocktail Bar which I have never known.in a 5 star hotel.The guests were left with only a Cafe type room to eat bar snacks and have a drink and worse still they had allowed a weeding ceremony to take place in the same room which embarrassed both the wedding guests and the hotel guests.alike also be prepared for noise on Friday and Saturday nights.due to its location;These matters were discussed with the general Manager who had no acceptable excuses.On the plus side the hotel is well siuated for the town centre and the staff are helpful and courteous given the strange operational policies. - 4 stars would be more appropriate and leave the Lowry the only genuine 5 star hotel in Manchester..Overpriced and strange habits !!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrianMcDade
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for your comments. Opus Restaurant does not open on Sunday’s. However our Alto restaurant is a full upscale restaurant offering a full menu and service as you would expect in a Hotel of this standard . The wedding party your referred to was in the private section of the restaurant.

I can assure readers that our Product, People and Service exceed the quality assessment criteria of a 5 star Hotel as dictated by the awarding bodies . In fact our annual assessment visit has recently been carried out ,and I am delighted to inform you that we have increased our overall rating from last year.

I mention these facts as would not want any readers of your review to me mislead

Reviewed November 2, 2009

I love this hotel! The general ambience is refined yet contemporary and when things go wrong they fix them.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2009

Dear Reviewer.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to taking care of you again on your next stay.

Reviewed October 30, 2009

I thought this hotel was great. I don't know Manchester at all but during the course of the weekend discovered that I could easily walk everywhere including to and from Piccadilly station. The reception staff and then the concierge couldn't have been more helpful as they carried my case into the lift and showed me how to work it. I hadn't been in my room for more that 10 minutes before the phone rang and the service manager called to ask if I had everything I needed. I asked whether they had any mint tea and it was duly delivered a few minutes later. The only thing I found irritating in the room was the lights, all of which were of the overhead, halogen spotlight variety. There weren't any side lamps and I didn't find them particularly user friendly for reading by or when having to get up in the night. But this is a tiny point and down to personal choice.

At breakfast the staff were really friendly but it all seemed a little chaotic. My tea and toast didn't arrive until I reminded someone, and the ladies at the next table had the same problem, but as it was busier by then they had to ask several times before they received everything they had ordered. There was a great selection for breakfast all of which was really tasty and I wish I could have eaten more.

One night I came back to the hotel with friends and we went into the bar for cocktails. The mojito was declared as one of the best ever tasted.

On my last morning I felt slightly jaded and had a few hours to kill between checking out and catching my train so I went down to the health club where I spent £6 (which is half the day rate and available if you have been a guest) to lounge around in a bath robe and use the facilities.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank four-eyed-wonder
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you so much for your comments, we really are very grateful.

Stephen Miles

Reviewed October 29, 2009

Well located hotel in Manchester, and for a city centre located hotel it's pretty quiet. The rooms have an up-market minimalist style with a reasonable amount of space. The NCP at Great Northern (Phase1) is close by.

Walk-in shower and bath, with a seperate sink / dressing area. Shower is decent temperature and pressure - never had a bad one. Toiletries are all "eco friendly" rather than one-user bottles.

The hotel gym is pretty well equiped, and the pool a decent size and depth for a hotel one. Both are better than other hotels I've stayed at in Manchester.

The hotel staff are always friendly, and happy to help. Most are also native English speakers, and many of these local. As a regular guest who's stayed at lots of hotels in Manchester, this has to be one of my favourites. Concierge and front-desk always happy to give restaurant advise for eating out of the hotel. Both restaurants are good, with distinctively different atmospheres.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer

We really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review off your recent stay,

Stephen Miles