“INSANE HOTEL!”

Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“INSANE HOTEL!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Ok... so i stayed in this hotel while on business. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! It had everything you ever needed and more from a hotel. Great location, Clean, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Steam room, Satellite TV, comfortable beds, ice machine.... you name it... this place had it.

I would definitely stay again, the price was also very reasonable for the calibre of hotel this is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Deez224
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for these great comments on our product, location and value for money, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Fleet, UK
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here for one night recently whilst on a business trip. The hotel was well situated and not too far from the car park. The room itself was well appointed and of a very high standard. The bathroom was clean with modern fittings The bed was comfortable and the room lovely and quiet despite being situated very near the lift. Breakfast was excellent with lots if choices. The staff were helpful and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. I would definitely return to this hotel and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank UKNiclak
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for this review and your recommendation. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
North Wales
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had an overnight weekend stay as a couple for my 40th birthday. It has a convenient location, good facilities and represents good value. What really sets this hotel apart is the customer service. The staff is plentiful and efficient as well as friendly. The rooms aren't amazing in terms of size and decor (we had a deluxe king) but make good use of space and are very comfortable and quiet. I agree with a previous reviewer that 18 degrees C is too hot for sleeping and ideally the air con could be set lower than this. Breakfast offered excellent quality food and the staff ensured that nothing ever ran out, even though it was very busy. Overall we had a fabulous stay - a complimentary glass of champagne for my birthday in the residents' bar was a lovely touch and much appreciated. Would definitely stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one night in March for her birthday and our anniversary and it is one of the best hotels in have stayed in in the UK. The staff from the concierge to the bar staff were all very attentive and couldn't do enough.

I had booked afternoon tea for my wife and as it was her birthday they gave us a free glass of champagne to go with it, and as I had phoned ahead I managed to order a gluten free afternoon tea for her, which was no hassle. In had the gentleman's PM tea which consisted of mini pies, fish and chips and chunky sandwiches, very nice, although the sandwiches could have been tastier. We were initially given the wrong type of tea, although this was quickly rectified by the friendlier of the two waiters (I think one was having a bad day). It was expensive, and probably not the best value afternoon tea it was taken in very pleasant surroundings.

After the tea we checked in and used the spa in the basement which is your standard mini spa that you find in most hotels of this type. I wouldn't book a spa day here, but it was fine for a dip and a laze in the jacuzzi!

After doing nothing all afternoon we had worked up an appetite so we went to the hotels other restaurant 'Steak & Lobster'. The them is you can only order steak or lobster, with unlimited salad and fries. We were the only diners so service was quick, although we had to request the all you can eat fries a couple of times. The atmosphere was ruined a little by some rowdy business people in the bar area, but the food was good.

Later that evening we went to bar where we had a very reasonably priced and tasty bottle of Prosecco. We were asked if we were celebrating and upon hearing we were the barman rushed off and came back with some brownies and a congratulatory message on a plate, a really nice touch.

The room was great, very comfortable bed, good flat TV and quality fixtures. Only let down here was the woefully under pressured shower.

We didn't eat breakfast as it is wildly expensive.

All in a good stay, great location but would eat elsewhere if I stayed again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback following your recent visit. I am sorry you were disappointed with our food offerings especially as we receive so many positive reviews. For added value, inclusive breakfast rates are available to book via our web site.
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in February 2014 for one night. This is a luxury hotel which doesn't disappoint. Staff are very friendly and attentive. Hotel is well situated for both shopping and entertainment. As for food, we only had breakfast which was excellent. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I was pleased to read these comments on our service and location. We hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

A very welcoming hotel, with top notch customer service. A call from guest services a short while after check-in to check that everything was in order with the room was a welcomed touch. Very modern fittings in the room, which was both spacious and elegant. Very relaxing and extremely clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this review of your visit, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was on a business trip for two nights staying at the Radisson Edwardian Blu. The purpose of this review is to highlight the excellent level of service I experienced from one of the hotels staff Paulvin. He worked in the bar/restaurant area and his dedication and commitment in helping me with my requests was exceptional. Nothing was too much and everything was done with a smile. I can't thank him enough for making my stay enjoyable. I do hope that some of his fellow colleagues follow his example as one or two were not in any willing to help in the same way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your very kind comments, I will ensure Paulvin receives the recognition he deserves for this feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,423 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!