“Great atmosphere and friendly helpful staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #22 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Really enjoyable stay. The staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly, whilst at all times being totally professional. Spa facilities very good, meal excellent, room clean and of a high standard. Surpassed my expectations. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your compliments on our service and product. We have become proud of our high standards which have earned us several accolades including the recent Hotel of the Year in the Manchester Tourism Awards.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,840)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had a decent stay. Our room smelt of smoke, but they fixed it quickly. The rooms are quite small, but the great location makes up for this. Great service - hotel gave us 4pm late check out for free!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for yor compliments on our location and service.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Anyone looking for an excellent nights sleep in a clean hotel with great service should stay here. It's within walking distance of 'MEN arena and you can walk in to city centre. For me be comfortable in a hotel it has to be clean and this was kept to a high standard. The beds were the most comfortable I ever experienced and room service was great. The staff all polite and helpful and the spa was lovely. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for this recommendation and all of your kind comments. I am delighted you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

6 Ladies. We liked the round table, hot treats, leaf tea, excellent scones, plenty to eat - only one managed the 3 sandwiches, price was very reasonable. As this is one of the top hotels in Manchester we did expect something a little special and not to have any negatives. The service was all or nothing. The table cloth was badly creased. 2 ladies asked for coffee and had to ask three times before arrived. No tea spoons with cup and saucers and had to ask for knives for the scones. Felt that the pork pie and sandwich fillings came from Sainsburys. The sandwiches had been put in the cooler and were a little dry on top. We like ambience but it was a little dark.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your constructive feedback which has been noted. I would like to reassure you and other readers that all our ingredients are of the highest quality, therefore I am sorry you were disappointed but delighted that your experience warranted your high rating.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Service was lovely as soon as we arrived. Very welcoming. Room very nice and modern. Had a very office feel to it but still never the less very comfortable. Great view. Found breakfast quite expensive so opted out. Would recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for this feedback. For added value, inclusive breakfast rates are available on our own website.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed in the Fitzgerald suite for 2 nights. Exceptionally attentive and friendly staff. Beautiful room and in a great location right in the heart of the city centre. I would give it 6 out of 5 stars if I could. I cannot wait to come back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay, thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My problem with this hotel was that I could not get a decent night's sleep, which to me is the most basic service which a hotel should deliver, and I consequently spent a miserable and exhausted weekend in Manchester. The furnishings and décor were smart, the breakfast was good (apart from one waiter who couldn't be bothered and just ignored me), and the service standards were otherwise sort of acceptable. However, none of that mattered as I struggled to sleep.

My room did not have proper window coverings, only some kind of blind arrangement which it was not possible to fully close. I called reception who sent somebody from maintenance to look at it, and he did his best to prop up various cushions against the blinds, but there were still gaps. He told me that all the rooms had the same window coverings, that this was just the style of the hotel, and this was the best they could do to get the windows covered. However, there was still a largish gap between separate sections of the blind. When I had the light on in the bedroom, anybody in the building opposite could see me in the room. (The opposite building was an office building so hopefully there was nobody there that weekend.) In addition, external light, ie street lighting and natural light in the early morning, came into the room, which made it very difficult for me to sleep. I know that even with other window coverings there is often some light seepage, but not to the extent which I experienced in this hotel. I have never been in a hotel which had such poor light protection, and it was disappointing to find it in a hotel of this apparent quality.

I told the hotel that I had a problem with the blinds and they did send me an e-mail saying that if I stayed again they would give me a free upgrade. In other words, if I spend a lot of money staying again at a hotel in which I cannot sleep they will give me a posher room in which I still cannot sleep (nor get an appropriate level of privacy). Well, that's not a great offer to compensate for a tired and unhappy weekend. I would not consider staying here again. I could go again and wear a sleep mask, but I don't feel that I should have to wear a sleep mask in a hotel in this price range in order to compensate for the non-functional design of its rooms.

If you can sleep through a lot of light (I can't) you will be fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Vamoose45
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Reviewer.

We are sorry that you could not sleep.

We would not want to mis read any readers of this review but having installed a cutting edge blind system in our bedrooms recently we can assure our customers that getting a good nights sleep is of paramount importance to us. Having made considerable investment through out the hotel this year and by providing the service that surprises and delights we are delighted and proud to herald our " Hotel of The Year " accolade at the recent Manchester Tourism awards.