“Very good. Room for improvement Reception staff!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The most comfortable bed. Wonderful, clean and stylish bathroom. The room was well-decorated and beautifully maintained.
Excellent breakfast with good service.
The Reception staff at this hotel are robotic and unsmiling; there's nothing wrong with what they do or say but a smile would be nice to see. No eye contact, warmth - just hyper-efficiency. Hyper and cold and unfriendly.
The Spa is excellent.
Room service is reasonably quick and the food is ok - forget the green salad (not recommended!) and remember the mayo and ketchup please in future please!
Very little storage space in the rooms. No drawers for you drawers!
Toiletries in the bathroom: none of your soap - it's all bottled; "Essential Elements" essentially smelling of nothing.
Newspapers at breakfast was limited to the Irish Times!
Very good hotel, but Reception staff need to smile, welcome and stop staring into their screens and concentrate on their customers instead!
Lifts are slow and the key card very dodgy!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stephano23
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Stephano23,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am sorry to hear that you found our front office team a little on the robotic side especially when in other reviews they are mentioned to be the opposite and they assist us greatly with our award winning hotel. Our drawers are situated in the wardrobe underneath your in room safe.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I regularly go to Manchester for a weekend break and despite occasionally venturing to other hotels 'for a change' I ALWAYS go back to the Radisson. The staff are always beyond helpful and friendly, the rooms are spacious, modern and extremely clean, the spa and gym are fantastic and I can never resist ending the evening with a cocktail or two in OpusOne. Already looking forward to my next stay in a couple of weeks time

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear StaffordSarah,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we appreciate your kind comments regarding the hotel and staff - We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Lastminute.com messed up our booking, so there was no record when we arrived at the hotel. Fortunately I had the confirmation email to show them, but considering the class of hotel, I was disappointed at the abrupt and provocative attitude of the reception staff member. It was as though he felt it was my fault for not having booked directly! That said, I he did eventually agree to a free room upgrade and later checkout, so everything else was fine. The Radissan is in an excellent, central location and beautifully appointed. It is built within the iconic Manchester Free Trade Hall and has a classical, upmarket feel. No car park.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Howi58
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Howi58,

I am happy to hear that the front desk staff managed to resolve the issues you had following no information being sent to us by the 3rd party agent you used to book the hotel. I am glad from reading the rest of your review that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was a bit disappointed in this hotel. I thought the front desk service was very slow and not very friendly. One chap in particular (with a jacket at least two sizes too big for him) was very unhelpful - the second time I went to my room on 5th floor the key card would not work in my door so I had to go all the way back down again to get them to correct it. I was told not to keep it too near my mobile phone as it wipes the key card memory - a bit difficult in an evening bag. No apology or sorry for the inconvenience. This also happened to a colleague.

The pool and spa were lovely and the staff there very friendly and helpful.

The bar was very popular, however they need more staff, it took at least 15 minutes to get served.

The rooms were okay, no nice bath/shower products, just very hard to use dispensers on the wall. And really not sure why you need a mirror attached to the shower stand?! Bed and pillows not very comfortable.

The location for Manchester Central is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LynnoP

Dear LynnoP,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty with your key card, please accept my apologies for this. There are telephones in all of our lift lobby areas in case any of our guests need assistance and one of our staff members will happily travel to your location to assist. The hotel recently replaced all matresses in the hotel in addition to providing both foam and feather pillows in all rooms.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for only one night on 25/10, which was a shame as I would have loved to sample more of the hotel. The room was comfortable and spacious with floor to ceiling windows on one side with a city view, which was ideal for watching the thunder and lightening storm that started on our arrival. It had a good sized comfortable bed, though it was a bit of a treasure hunt trying to find tea & coffee/hairdryer etc. I eventually found the hairdryer on the morning of departure, it was carefully concealed behind a sliding mirror over the wash basin! The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower and was also a wet room, so there are a variety of options for bathing. I ordered breakfast in my room which was very tastey and plentiful. I couldnt eat everything which is saying something for me! The staff all appeared friendly and chatty, and were very helpful. The only niggle was that there were no complimentary items apart from one small bottle of water; everything else had to be paid for which I think for a hotel of this stature, is a bit mean. Overall I enjoyed my stay though, and would definately go back.

2  Thank jandroid

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such an excellent review - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We have had the most gorgeous suite. When I have asked for milk it has arrived in minutes. Downfall was the very strong smell of stale urine in the corridor of floor 5. Apart from that it is an amazing hotel and spa.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharnsmart33
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Daer Sharnsmart,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us once again. I would appreciate it if you could call me with regards to the odour you mentioned as this is perplexing me somewhat.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a top quality hotel in the centre of Manchester. Nice room, nice spa, nice gym, nice bar, nice restaurant, nice staff, nice location, nice vibe. Plenty of bars and restaurants on your doorstep. Already looking forward to returning to Manchester in the near future and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the city.