“Amazing service, beautiful hotel!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Radisson Edwardian in Manchester as I am a member of the Conservative party. The hotel itself was fantastic and very modern with a hint of history throughout. Me and my colleagues usually spent lunch and evenings in the lavish cocktail bar Opus One. I have to give a huge thank you to a gentleman named Arron who works on the bar who although at times the place was very busy he made sure me and my colleagues were comfortable and relaxed. A true gentleman! The Club sandwich
was excellent also. Overall a fantastic stay and would reccommend this hotel to anyone. Look forward to coming back in 2 years. Many thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us during the conference. Thank you for your very kind compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Second stay here and was brilliant. Once again a very comfortable bed and pillows. Very clean and superb room. Breakfast was better than last time, but strangely no eggs on offer except scrambled? Perhaps you had to ask for them but we did not have time. Look forward to our next stay. May even try the restaurant next time (though it may be too pricey!). Well done to all the staff for a welcome stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed your return visit, thank you for your feedback, apolgies that you were not offered the full breakfast menu. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Called for a sandwich and drink late afternoon.
The sandwich was Subway quality with McDonalds fries. Coop sliced, plastic bread and Aldi ham.
We had to request napkin and knife and fork, no condiments................. I could go on.
Then the drink; a gin and tonic was ordered, plenty of ice and no lemon, it arrived with no lemon but a slice of lime and cost 15p short of a £10.
The whole experience was just so disappointing, and then there was an attempt to extract a 10% + tip, and then, just to cap it all, I was asked "Youse finished", I winced.
I have stayed in Radisson Hotels all over the world, none of this quality
An interesting building conversion in an ideal location, but not really 5 or even 4 star.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BuckleeSalop1

I was concerned to read that you were disappointed with your visit and would like to reassure you and other readers that all of our food is of the high quality you would expect from the five star service that we are proud to offer.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wasn't going to bother reviewing this hotel, as at this level (and price) you would expect everything to be spot on. But the staff deserve a special mention, particularly the concierges who were a delight.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments on our team members, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked rooms at this hotel in June for a special wedding treat for my daughter. Checked to see when we could leave our cases to be told that they had no record of our booking! They were not helpful at all and we had to wait for 4 days for our booking agent to sort it all out, which was more than stressful as all other rooms in Manchester were booked for Conservative Party Conference!! Plus points:- rooms were ready for us at 12 noon. They were nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very nice with lots of choice. Minus points:- Very impersonal. Although all the staff were polite they were not friendly or particularly interested. We ordered cocktails before going into the City, but after waiting for them for 25 minutes we gave up and went without.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank teeceexx
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I am sorry to read that there had been an error with your reservation through your booking agent but pleased that we were able to accommodate your early checkin. Thank you for your kind comments. As you have indicated that your stay was during the conference, the hotel is particularly busy which may explain the unusual delay with your cocktails.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Still a good hotel however it seems to be getting worse. We've stayed here a lot over the years. However this time, we were disappointed with the service, food, the rooms and the cleanliness.
Just needs a new look and some retraining

Room Tip: Good for one night onlh
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Candie S
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear your comments and wonder if you would contact me directly to discuss them.

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Another week, another stay in a Radisson Blu. Last week London, this week Manchester.

Slightly different review this time. My expectations in London were so low that I was shocked by how good they were (see review of Radisson Berkshire). This was a different situation. I've stayed here before and it's always been my favourite Manchester hotel having also used their meeting facilities.

Was it as good as I hoped? Going there with such high expectations? No!! Absolutely not!! It was actually better. No complaints at all about any aspect. Yes, it's expensive, but you genuinely get what you pay for and I would pay my own money to stay there.

It's starting to seem obvious to me that Radisson have had an overhaul at some point in the past and have realised that service is everything, along with comfort, cleanliness and good food. Hats off to them it's made a big difference even in places like this that were already very good. It's still my favourite Manchester hotel. There is no parking but the Great Northern car park is 2 mins walk away and I think that I saw people valet parking so there's always that option. It's the only price you'll pay for a great location.

• Stayed: September 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review and for all of your very kind comments. I am delighted that we are your first choice hotel and hope to welcome you back very soon.