“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Second time I have stayed here & I cannot wait to go back. Room was spotless. Bed & lounge chair were SO comfortable. Service stood out, from housekeeping to customer services, breakfast staff & concierge services - cannot say how refreshing this was. Drinks on our last night in Opus One were wonderful.

Don't change a thing!

• Stayed August 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Marysj,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel, staff and our facilities.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as we had a rare child-free evening! I checked in at 2.30pm when reception was quite busy. Nevertheless, check in was extremely simple and all staff were very friendly and courteous.
Our room was a king deluxe, only on the second floor, but the view was still great, looking out to Manchester Central (the G-Mex). Rooms are light and comfortable with lovely furnishings. The only gripe I have about the room was that a picture had been removed from the wall and there were two gaping holes and the corner of the bathroom was slightly mouldy.
We ate out of the hotel both for evening dinner and breakfast but we did go to the bar Opus One, it was quite early (9.30-10pm ish) and the bar was quite empty however, staff were very helpful and friendly. We were given complimentary drinks and a free movie as a token for our stay which was very kind and much appreciated.
All in all a great night's stay.

Dear MrsHallam79,

Thank you for your review of the hotel - I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my apologies regarding the missing picture and bathroom - I will have both issues corrected immediately

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights whilst in Manchester on a Cricket tour. Check in was very easy, I was early but a room was available for me. The Hotel is located in Peter Street in the old Free Trade Hall and just a 100 yard walk to the Metrolink tram station in St Peters Square, a great way to get around Manchester and too/from Old Trafford. The room was on the 8th floor and looked out towards the Town Hall and the other wing of the hotel, it had a full wall of windows, floor to ceiling which let in a lot of light but posed its own problem in that for privacy you had to keep the blinds closed or part closed at all times particularly if it was evening and you were using the bathroom. I initially thought the air conditioning wasn't working ( it had been very hot in England) but it was just that it hadn't been on for long enough to cool the room down. The room was a reasonable size but apart from a small wardrobe and three very small drawers had nowhere to store anything so I had to live out of my suitcase for the 6 days I was there. The bed was comfortable, lighting adequate, a work desk with power points, a great bathroom with a walk in shower, a separate bath, hand basin and toilet in separate areas, a heated towel rail (great feature, warm towels in the morning and/or drying items overnight). Lifts are key card controlled for security, free Wi-Fi provided in all rooms plus the lobby and an ice machine located next to the lifts. Breakfast was good served in Alto, buffet and/or A la Carte, good choices, good service, great coffee and very busy from 7:30 to 8:30.
I also had dinner in Alto Steak & Lobster at 15 pounds one night, I chose the steamed lobster, it was very small, with fries and a salad served in ramekins, ok, but I certainly did not go back. The one issue I had was early one morning (around 4am) room doors were being opened and closed in rapid order for around 15 to 20 minutes, this may not sound too bad but the doors in this hotel are fitted with self closing springs on them and make a very loud click when closing.This is a security feature I know as I found it was impossible to leave the door open or just ajar. I found it very difficult to get back to sleep afterwards but luckily it only happened on the one morning.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Manchester Town Centre, it is comfortable but not pretentious and the staff are welcoming and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Johnthepom0001,

Thank you for such a detailed review of the hotel - I am delighted to hear that your time in Manchester was enjoyable and that the hotel product and service was to your liking.

Warm Regards
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is definitely a quality hotel - the ambiance, service, staff, cleanliness and standard of rooms/restaurant/bar was perfect! My husband and I 'wanted a night away from it all', we treated ourselves to an Al Fresco suite which was huge and very reasonably priced. We enjoyed a glass of champagne on the private balcony, we'd found the peace and quiet we were looking for. Room service was very speedy and very polite. The décor of the rooms, hotel, restaurant and bar is high quality - for me, making it the best Manchester city centre hotel by far. We headed to the Opus bar for a cocktail before dinner, we enjoyed the value of the £25.00 3 course menu in the Opus Restaurant - there was a wide choice of food and the service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. It was lovely to return to the room after dinner to the turn down service. Breakfast was just as good as dinner with a huge range of buffet-style options as well as an a la carte menu. My husband and I always choose the Radisson as our first choice for a Manchester city centre stay and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: We didn't book breakfast as part of our 'advanced purchase' but when we checked in we as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JayneC,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your 'night away from it all'. I am delighted that the privacy of our Al Fresco suites suited your stay and that you found our food outlets to the usual high standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at Radisson Blu Edwardian due to work. I hadn't heard much about the hotel before I arrived however upon leaving I will be telling everyone who is looking for a hotel in Manchester that this is the one to stay with. My room was very nice and modern with a great view. I myself manage a bar in Glasgow, Scotland and have never seen staff as friendly and positive as the staff in Opus One, particularly a gentlemen named Aaron who looked after me from the moment I walked in to the moment I left the bar, his knowledge on good service, attitude and cocktails was very impressive. Also the food in Alto is to die for, the steak is superb. Would recommend this hotel to friends, family and colleagues. If I come to Manchester again the Raddison will be my first stop.

Dear DLaw70,

I am delighted to hear that your experience with us was well received - Customer Service is paramount and we are very fortunate to have a well engaged and trained team that all share the same passion - to deliver a world class service.

Many Thanks
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed for three nights and can only praise the hotel as it is immaculate, Stunning facade to original building housing Reception and Opus bar and Restaurant is beautiful.
All staff are very polite, friendly and super efficient.
Bedroom was nicely presented, clean and of a great size, bathroom was great with power shower only negative was slight mold on grout and silicon around the bath.
Alto is relaxed offering good quality fayre, I had the lobster and really enjoyed it all be it, the lobster was small.
Breakfast is good, but buffet is minimal would expect more product range in a 5* hotel, the staff were chirpy and up beat with plenty of them!
Opus Bar is lovely for that relaxing pre or post dinner drink, sitting in the Champagne Bar watching the world pass by, I think it is a little out of order to be charged a service charge when buying a drink at the bar, far enough in the restaurant or for table service when your getting the service level expected but you shouldnt have to pay for someone to pour you a drink when paying at the bar.
All things considered it is overall a beautiful hotel and well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Neill2109,

Thank you for such a detailled review of the hotel and sharing your experience with the site.

There should be no service charge charged at the bar - only for table service items. I will pass these comments to the Food and Beverage manager to raise this with his team. Service charges are, as always optional and can be removed if you wish.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Nicely decorated rooms and well maintained. Everything you'd expect from a real five star hotel. Great restaurants, pool, robe, turn down service, bar and attitude by staff. I also like the doubletree and abode when I'm here on business. Usually get a good deal day before if there's no big local events on. Good example of a Radisson. Also love the one in Glasgow and in Nice. Stayed here a couple of years ago and forgot how nice it was. Well done guys!

Dear ScottJ1981,

I am pleased to hear that once again the Manchester hotel lived up to your expectations !

We hope that you will not leave it as long to return to us.