$74
  • Room Service
$103
$98
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

Book now, pay at stay
$92
$83
Doubletree
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$116
$143
$83
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

6,095 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barlovely roomfantastic staytwin roomstayed here for one nightconcierge
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This review covers the restaurant Alto witihin the hotel
Food: I dined with a fried they had the Steak, and I had the lobster. The steak was good medium rare,, asked for medium to get the rare aspect. The garnish was pretty standard french fries and salad, they tried to add flavour to the salad, but the way the garnish was decanted in little pots did little to impress me. My lobster felt more like a langoustine, I was not that impressed, next time I'll try the steamed version as the grilled version was overcooked. The cheeseboard we ordered to finsih was great and great for sharing, the champage (Rose) and wines were of a very good quality, they have a delicious good wine/champagne menu.

Aesthetics: . The overwhelming impression was the pungent smell of disinfectant in the restaurant. It felt more like a hospital, school dining room, or street cafe, we discovered through the evening the overwhelming odor was as a result of the waitress staff using a spray gun of disinfectant to wipe the tables down, it felt rather school dining room to be honest, I was expecting a differrent ambiance and approach to clean ups for a hotel of this rating, however it is Manchester the land of hen parties and drunkards, then maybe disinfectant is necessary more often, but the smell was offputting.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear supahotchick,

Thank you for reviewing Steak and Lobster.

We do agree that a whole lobster and 10 0z rib eye steak with limitless fries and salad is outstanding value.

We have to say with regards your comments regarding the disinfectant smell, we are at a loss to understand this comment. The cleaning spray we use to clean the tables is Odourless!!

It is true to say we have never had this comment before as readers can see from the Steak and Lobster Trip Page as we would not want them to misled lead by your comments

We shall ignore your cynical comments about the City……as lucky you are in a minority!!!!!! as the City is the most visited City in England next to London, offering a world class cultural , retail, and entertainment.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Radisson Edwardian hotel in Manchester is a modern Manchester marvel. It is clean and spacious and the room was very large with the outdoor area being a bonus. The room was also very quiet and together with the more than comfortable bed made for a excellent night's sleep. Importantly, the staff were friendly courteous and extremely helpful and could not do enough for you. As I have a disability and require a walker, they were flexible enough to come in And rearrange the room and move furniture around and even out of the room. They even arranged for four days of sunshine while I was there including a 29 degrees day. The in house dining was good with their breakfasts and the breakfast staff providing a good start to the day. The concierge , reception and customer service manager were all delightful. The hotel is centrally located near Albert square and there is a cab rank right outside the front. The pool and gym facilities are excellent. Whenever in Manchester, I thoroughly recommend you stay here. You will not be disappointed and you will get to meet Stefan that is worth the stay itself.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Michaelyym,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time here at the Free Trade Hall - We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind regards

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and its fair to say had a mixed experience.

Firstly the location is fantastic. 5 minutes from Manchester Picadilly and a short walk to Deansgate and the city centre. The hotel itself is very grand as to be expected for the £100 a night price I paid for a weekday stay.

The rooms are huge, with Sky TV and bath/wet room en suite. The bed however was a complete disgrace. I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to make a bed out of towels on the floor due to the discomfort i was experiencing. The next morning I woke up with immense stiffness, something I have never experienced before.

The gym on site is small but adequate, including pretty decent benching machines. The pool is small and the sauna is fine.

Additonal breakfast is charged at £20 which I think it a little steep so I found myself going to one of the various greasy spoons near by. My room was towards the back of the hotel (3rd floor) so the only thing scenic about the view was the Megane parked in the car park

All in all, could do better

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our product and location. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the bed, particularly as all of our mattresses have recently been replaced, but I realise that personal preferences do vary. for added-value, inclusive breakfast raes are available to book on our web site.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson, it is a lovely modern feeling hotel, in a great central location in Manchester.
It is a busy hotel, as we discovered when we checked in - we had a 20min wait to check in, which I have never experienced anywhere else!
The room was lovely, with a very comfortable bed and good size television. The spa is very smart as well - although not quite as big as the pictures on the website show, but lovely all the same.
I would certainly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

As an ex-pat Mancunian, it was a delight to stay in this iconic building which has been expertly converted into an excellent hotel. Reception staff were efficient and the room was very modern, comfortable and quiet. Although we had a room at the back, it was still interesting to me to see many buildings which I recognised from forty years ago! It is very central and for this reason alone, I would stay again.

The bathroom was great, beautifully designed, with a separate shower - I loved it.

The only thing I didn't like was the decor in the bar - all shiny black and neon red - not terribly relaxing, but that's obviously just personal taste.

We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you want a city view, choose a room at the front.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I was pleased to read that your enjoyed your return visit to The Free Trade Hall, thank you for your feedback and recommendation, we hope you will visit again soon.