Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
ABode Manchester(Manchester)
$95
$92
  • Restaurant
The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Agoda.com
$108
$99
5,965 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I have just returned from a weekend in Manchester with my boyfriend where i stayed in the Radison and i have to say, it was perfect!
We arrived at 10.30am so decided to see if we could check in early, we spoke to David at reception who was very helpful and said we could have the room within an hour! This was perfect for us as check in wasnt supposed to be until 2pm, our luggage was taken off us and again David was brilliant, offering us a map and some helpful tips on where to go etc, what a great start.
When we returned and went to our room our luggage was already there waiting for us which impressed us! We booked one of the Al Fresco suites for a little bit of luxury and luxury is what we got, It was huge in size, perfect, clean, tidy, the massive bed was soooooo comfortable, there was a table with 6 chairs, a leather sofa, fab wet/dry rooms bathroom and the best part the 'urban' garden, our own private terrace.
After a hard days shopping this room was a pleasure to come back too, we enjoyed a few drinks on the terrace, and listened to some music courtesy of the Bose sound system!
In the morning we decided to have breakfast in our room to make the most of it, at £17.50 a head it was slightly pricey but when it came we were suitably impressed, the selection was perfect and all delicious!
We were sad to be leaving this morning and cant wait to get back to Manchester and stay in this hotel again.
A particular point to the staff, they were all so friendly and helpful, from David on reception to the concierge boys, we were impressed by them all and they all genuinely wanted to help (this is something we havent always found in hotels)
All in all, a fantastic hotel, highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dol_trouble
Reviewed June 10, 2008

After staying at this hotel on business and having a fantastic stay
I decided to come back to the hotel for my anniversary.

We were greated by friendly and courteous staff at the reception desk and although we were early showed us directly to our beautiful room. My husband had asked for champagne and it was waiting in the room for us, perfectly chilled.

Having only visited Manchester on a few occasions we asked the reception staff for recommendations of where to dine in the evening. The recommendation was magnificent and made our special evening sensational.

The rooms were very light and airy and very comfortable. This hotel far exceeded my expectations on every level.

I will be returning next month to Manchester and will definately be returning to this exquisite hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamparkinson
Reviewed May 29, 2008

You walk into the hotel into a stylish entrance hall with staff to help you everywhere.

Especially liked how the lady behind the desk used my name and offered to take me to my room, I have stayed in lots of hotels over the world but rarely do you get asked this.

The rooms are not huge but again in the same style as the hotel, the bathroom has a wet and dry area, although the dry area is not very private.

The bed in the room is about 6 ft square, every time I sat on it I fell asleep.

Over all the hotel is stylish, 5 star, comfortable and the staff are professional. What more could you want!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I should have listened to the reviews here, so hit and miss, this was exactly the same as our stay at the hotel.

The building at first glance looks like a great fusion between what is boasted at the former free trade hall and the modern hotel. We found this to be very first glance, whilst my partner was attending a business meeting in one of the meeting rooms on the first floor I was left to check in. The check-in staff were surly and had very little local knowledge, i was trying to locate a late opening restaurant for eating after meeting friends, no help was forthcoming. On arrival in the room i was disappointed with the general state of repair.

-the walls were marked with obvious marks from people repeatedly brushing against it.
- there was a light bulb out.
- the linen on the bed would have been thrown out of a hospital (I previously was a manager with the NHS and never saw such examples) The linen was frayed in the middle of the bed, it must have been obvious to the housekeeper who made the bed.
-the bathrooms was mouldy. I was disgusted with the level of neglect that would have been necessary to allow this level of mould to occur.
- the blinds were completely inadequate for the job.
- the tv was not tuned properly and the remote did not work.
- the lifts were dirty. Obviously cleaned but large sections or mirror and roof missed.
- the spa pool was pathetic in size and odd in shape.
- the main bar (opus) adds a 10% surcharge onto each bill automatically. we only noticed because of the odd amounts our bills were coming too (£6.12), and they use a system for dispensing the spirits through a gun that i have only ever seen elsewhere on cheap cruise ships.
- Breakfast was a farce, the cold buffet was good, but the size of the restaurant was obviously completely inadequate for the number of guests, the staff were trying there best to keep up but we eventually gave up waiting on various hot items. the restaurant manager did apologise to us saying that the place was just about to have a refit (not much comfort for us) but when I asked if they were extending either the restaurant (to sit more people) or the kitchen (to keep up with demand) she shrugged her shoulders and moved to the next table to express the same regret about the level of service.

Although i did like the general décor i think this is to do with the architects rather than the current management.

Avoid this hotel. Its too hit and miss to invest your time and money with.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank NotForProfit
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2008

Dear Reviewer.
We are sorry to read that you did not like the design of our award winning hotel. I would welcome the oppurtunity to discuss your feedback with you. I have made contact by email with you. Our aim is to exceed all of our customers expections. Clearly we have failed to do this . However we remain commited to being the leading hotel in the north west.
Stephen Mlles

Reviewed May 22, 2008

we have just returned from a 1 night stay and the hotel has good and bad points,however I feel the bad points are minor.
The good points..
The politeness and efficiency of all the staff.
The excellent breakfast,even though the restaurant was full we only waited minutes for our table and there was every possible item of breakfast displayed such as warm pastries,cooked breakfast and fruit.
We arrived at 11am and was told the room was ready and did'nt need to check out until 4pm
The room was very clean and a good size,we loved the air conditioning.

And now for the bad points..
We did'nt sleep until 5am from the noise of people coming out of the clubs and bars (and we were on the 12th floor)there were sirens going all night it was just like the Bronx,although this noise is not the hotels fault I feel there should be more glazing on the windows.
The blinds let too much light in.
The ladies communal changing area wasn't adequate,I had to get changed in a toilet cubicle as there must of been about 15 women in a tiny changing area as there wasnt even enough room.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple