“Great for a weekend stay.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
wales
“Great for a weekend stay.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here with my husband to see a concert and some shopping. Hotel is in a great location for everything. Great swimming pool. Didn't have any food at the hotel so it's not fair to comment on this. Room was quite nice and ideal for the one night stay that we were there. Arrived approx 1 hour before check in to leave our bags, and were told that our room was ready if we wanted to go up. Would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your compliments on our product and location, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Horsley
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Over the past 3 years I have stayed many times at the Radisson and have just returned from celebrating my daughter's graduation. The staff welcomed us all back like long lost friends and really couldn't have done more to make our stay more enjoyable or comfortable. A very big thank you to Head Concierge Gary who has always gone out of his way to see that we were OK and especially for his input this last time around in ensuring our stay was even more special. A special thank you also to the rest of his team who have always been so friendly and helpful. Finally, a very important thank you to Stefan - you made our stay very memorable indeed with your special touches and we hope that it won't be long before we can return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted you enjoyed your daughter's graduation celebration. Thank you for all of your very kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I suppose it didn't help that I checked in on the hottest weekend of the year in Manchester, and it's not a city much accustomed to heat. However, they should have indicated that the A/C was not working properly, instead of letting me find out in the middle of the first night when it turned itself off. So they let me sleep in another room that night (after two calls, and by which time it's hard to get a good night sleep), and change rooms the next day. Did I mention as well that the bed was so old that it felt like the springs were the only padding. The Gallagher s were in knee-pants when that bed was new.

They did finally admit that the problem was with the hotel in general, not just my room.

The next night the room had the same problem, and as you can imagine I was not pleased. The third and final night I was there the room was fine, but of course the stay was ruined.

If you are wondering why I gave this two stars instead on one, it was because of the staff. They were very good throughout, moving me around, upgrading the room, offering free breakfast, and very apologetic. So I felt I should give one star for the staff, who did very well on a difficult weekend (it was during the Manchester International Festival so the hotel was busy). But it seems to me the owners let their folks down by not properly maintaining the place.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I would like to apologise for your uncomfortable stay with us and assure you that we were unaware of any prior fault with our air conditioning system. I would not want other readers to be mis-led and can confirm that all our mattresses were recently replaced with the high quality Vertue brand, but appreciate that all tastes do differ.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Treated the whole extended family to afternoon tea. A fantastic experience. First class service throughout the afternoon. The table service and management could n't have been more helpful. Struck a lovely balance between formal/informal which made the whole party feel at ease and able to thoroughly enjoy the experience. Highly attentive yet unobtrusive, which is so difficult to pull off.
Having recently attended a function in a large hotel very close by I understand why the Radisson Edwardian is given a five star rating. Oozes quality in service, quality of food and quality of decor.
Well done Radisson..........I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your afternoon tea at The Free Trade Hall. Thank you for your compliments, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Me and my husband have stayed at Radisson on numerous occasions, always booking in the alfresco suite. On our 4th visit we checked in as usual (into the alfresco suite) but were told that the manager wished to speak to us.
To my amazement we were upgraded to a penthouse suite (Valentino). My husband and I were over the moon. This hotel will take some serious beating. From the luxurious rooms to the staff that make you feel really special. You are truly fabulous Radisson!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in our Valentino Suite, thank you for this review and your kind comments.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here whilst visiting Manchester before a wedding in Oldham, having lived in Manchester for a few years we knew this hotel had a good reputation. The rooms are very spacious and the bed was amazing extremely large and comfortable. We got a free welcome plate of fruit on arrival which was very nice. The hotel is located right in the heart of Manchester and the room enjoyed some good views. Mini-bar is one of the most expensive I've come across so I didn't use it. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade & the breakfast whilst very good and filling didn't pay any attention to our requests. Also they need to install proper curtains in the room, they have some weird blinds that let in light. The hotel also has excellent facilities including the Opus One Bar which is fantastic. They've also done a great job in restoring and extending the building respecting its history whilst giving it a modern twist. The value of the room was excellent & would definitely recommend a stay here

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stay here on business. Breakfast is fast and very good. Room is cool in the heat and bathroom lovely, with robes slippers and thick towels. The hotel is central but feels calm and safe for lone female traveller. Staff are unobtrusive but attentive, a real skill! If you visit regularly get a Carlsson card and earn rewards. The hotel also leaves small treats for regulars, such as a chocolate brownie.

Room Tip: Higher the better for the view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I am delighted that you enjoy your visits. As a regular guest we appreciate this feedback and hope to see you again soon.