“Conference facilities”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our company held a 5 day training course at the Radission and the overall experience was outstanding. Attention to detail and helpfullness from the staff was first class. The lunch in the restaurant was also outstanding. Our only gripe was the air con in the conference room was difficult to control, other than this small issue the overall experience was 5 star

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I am pleased your training course was a success, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you and your organisation back very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,902)

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary and from start to finish it was made memorable by the fantastic overall service the hotel and staff offer. Stefan assisted with our booking and a couple of queries and he was exceptional! We used the spa facilities and ate at the Alto restaurant for Steak/lobster (have your lobster steamed and not grilled!) we had cocktails in the bar (only gripe is that the barman was not as friendly or welcoming as the rest of the staff) we will definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your wedding anniversary. Thank you for your kind comments, please be assured that I will address the issue regarding our bar staff and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here a few times now and I think it's the best hotel in Manchester and this is due to the staff and the spa facilities! We live in Manchester but if we want a treat then we book into here for a nice chill and night on the town.

The last time I stayed here was the night after my wedding night as my husband and I were continuing our celebrations in Manchester with a couple of friends. We loved the atmosphere of the hotel lobby as the people staying there are always a nice clientele and it has a nice 'coming and going' feel to it with it's two external entrances and entrances to the Opus restaurant and Alto bar. Prices are a little expensive in the bar and restaurant but both have a nice atmosphere with comfy couches and chairs - if want to watch the football in nice, quiet surroundings then it's a good choice just to pop in when not staying there too.

The rooms are always clean and all bedding and towels etc fresh and clean (something not all hotels manage). The day after our wedding day, we were given a room with a view over Manchester which was lovely. Bed was comfortable and shower facilities were lovely - nice hot shower!

Spa facilities are the best in Manchester (although not much choice!). The facilities are quite modest but to a high standard. The pool is modestly sized, but enough to have a small swim, and has nicely dimmed lighting. There is a jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room which are standard sized and are mixed. There are a couple of seating areas where you can relax.

Location wise, you can't beat it as it's right in the heart of Manchester where everything is within walking distance.

The only negative thing I would say is that when booking this hotel, we mentioned that it was a continuation of our wedding celebrations and thought that they may offer us something complimentary (as we had stayed many times). But we were given just 2 chocolates on a slate tile which was disappointing seeing as though other newly married couples have been treated to complimentary bottles of wine or even champagne at other hotels and I have since read on here that hen parties have been given champagne.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one of views over Manchester and always ask if a free upgrade is available
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your compliments on our product and service and for your recommendation. I am pleased we were able to help you celebrate your special occasion.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very modern and sophisticated hotel in a good location at Manchester Centre. The hotel seems to be one of the best equipped room I've been (nespresso set, iPod box etc) for the room rate. The staff is very attentive .

Room Tip: Very good location . Very well equipped modern rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am pleased you had a comfortable stay, thank you for this feedback.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a work trip, and found it to be a great recommendation from a colleague. My room was super spacious (was American sized), with high end finishes and a really great bathroom. The lobby was nice and modern and well-decorated, and the hotel was within walking distance of all of (downtown?) Manchester. It's been a couple of months, so I don't remember more of the little details, except that I was quite pleased with this hotel. Will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Manchester!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Short stopover in Manchester. About 15 minute walk from Piccadilly. Good checkin (what's this funny electronic thing with terms and conditions you have to sign?), very comfortable room. Everything worked well, apart from room door lock which stopped working, but very quickly attended to.

• Stayed: July 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay. In line with our sustainable policy the electronic registration system replaces the need for a paper version.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here for my Hen Party on 18th May and couldn't have asked for a better hotel. It was a toss up between The Radisson and The Hilton not too far away. I went into each hotel telling them what I wanted which was Spa treatments on the Saturday and Afternoon Tea on the Sunday it was clear The Radisson was a cut above. Whilst the Hilton fobbed me with a contact name and a card I was shown around the Radisson by Selena Ackland, who said deals could be done on certain things (lunch and Spa treatments) and offered special rates for the 7 rooms I would be booking, a great firth impression to this modern hotel. My bridesmaid took over the organisation from then on and said that Selena was so helpful and really helped in making it the best weekend! She even decorated my room with balloons and banners - the fact that she'd gone out of her way to do this was so thoughtful! Also little messages in the hen partys rooms were a special touch, not to mention 2 free bottles of bubbly that went down very well indeed!

The room itself was amazing - very large with a huge big bed and modern bathroom - we were upgraded to a suite! A spacious balcony also.

The hotel itself is fabulous but its the staff that keep people coming back. All were lovely and helpful but Selena Ackland should write her own pay cheque in my opinion!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becs82_13
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

I am delighted we made your hen party so enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback and very kind comments.