“Shame about the screaming groupies outside.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived home from our overnight stay at the Radisson Edwardian. We usually stay at this hotel every time we stay in Manchester (several times per year). The hotel is excellent but it's the staff who make this hotel home from home. Nothing is too much trouble especially from Nathan he is always making sure that everything is ok and we are happy with everything. The only issue I have got is there was a boy band staying at the hotel and there were screaming teenagers outside till 2.45am. So I had very little sleep mentioned this on checking out and I wasn't the only one who complained. I think some security was needed so customers were not kept awake to that unearthly hour.

1  Thank chick1972
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were disturbed, the boy band you mention had intended to return home so we had no prior warning of any disruption.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Reviewed May 26, 2013

When arriving at the hotel we were impressed with the grandeur of the reception area and the bar. Our room was nice although average with some scuffs on the walls. The location is great as we were visiting the theatre to watch CATS. On return to the hotel we decided to go for a drink in the bar. Even though I was expecting it to be expensive I was a bit take surprised at the prices. After ordering some cocktails (halle berry is delicious) we were given dirty glasses which we mentioned to the waitress but didn't seem to be believed. We did get clean glasses eventually and when we came to pay it included a service charge which I questioned but was made to sound compulsory so we paid. We later discovered it was optional so on checking out I mentioned to the receptionist and she apologised. Good choice for breakfast although the space is quite small and it got very loud and we couldn't relax. Nice hotel but wouldn't class this as a five star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to apologise that the optional service charge was not clearly explained.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thankyou all of the staff for our Stay 24 - 26 may. The hotel was excellent and special mention to the staff in The Opus One Restaurant, The food and service were top class.

It was a little problem with the parking as there is no on site car park. But having said that the parking is only around the corner and is easy to find

We will be back

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I booked this trip via lastminute, it stated very clearly that no changes could be made, however circumstances beyond my control meant I had to change the reservation by a day. I did get two nos before speaking to the Reservations Manager, who was sympathetic and changed my booking. I had to work at it, but it was very good of them.
The room was a bit average for a 5 star hotel, the shower flooded the whole bathroom. But it have everything you would need.
we did have a few other issues (Reception didn't have details of the change in date and took half an hour to check us in - but we were upgraded as a result. The lastminute booking came with a £15 drink voucher, not being believed and watching a member of staff go to reception before we were served was a bit annoying. We had to go back to reception twice as our key card would not work the lift.)
We ordered room service whilst staying, lobster was very nice.
I'm not sure I would stay again, I was disappointed at how much it had gone downhill since I last stayed there with work in 2006, it wasn't half as friendly either.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your feedback and apologise for the delay with checkin. To clarify, the bathroom is a wet area by design, I am sorry it was not to your taste.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Dead central and I was only there for a very short night, but I did not like the rooms with windows onto the courtyard. It meant you couldn't really have the curtains open for fear of everyone seeing you in your glory!

Rooms seemed big and breakfast was really nice.

Best wishes,

William

Room Tip: One with a proper outside facing window!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your compliments on our location. I am sorry you were disappointed with the bedroom outlook.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked a party of 14 to stay at the Radisson for a friends hen weekend in May, the member of staff I dealt throughout my booking was so helpful & couldn't do enough for my party making everything extremely easy. Our stay was fantastic, a lovely hotel with really friendly staff. On arrival the hens suite had been decorated by the hotel which was an unexpected surprise. We enjoyed the spa, massages & had a champagne lunch in a private dining room so we could stay in our robes and slippers & the food was amazing! After our spa we went back to our rooms to find personalised messages from the hotel with chocolate brownies & strawberries and had two bottles of champagne for the bride to be, all free of charge. The next day we enjoyed breakfast and afternoon tea both were delicious and just what we needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff could not do enough for us to ensure our weekend went smoothly and the personal touches were really lovely, we didn't want to leave!!

• Stayed: May 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

I am delighted you all enjoyed your spa weekend, thank you for this review and recommendation.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly my room was not up to standard and certain services expected in a hotel of this star rating were not available in my room, they explained that some rooms were awaiting to be updated. I enquired as to why I had been put in this room then rather than another but wa given no real response other than my food and a movie i wanted to rent would be complementary and I would be moved rooms.
I ordered a meal with a side of roasted veg and was presented with 6/7 small sugar cubed pieces of carrot and parsnip! Not what you expect for £3 per side on top of your meal. In addition my starter tasted burnt. The manager then went back on his colleagues word of a complimentary meal and said I would be charged!
I agree with an earlier comment, the Hilton is much better and I will in future always stay there I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: May 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I would not want other readers to be misled following this review but would like to apologise that the movie package was not available in your room. I am pleased that we were able to upgrade you to a deluxe room and offered the movie package with our compliments. Following your comments we checked the food which was cooked as per our in-room dining menu description of "smoked", I am sorry it was not to your taste and as a gesture of goodwill we removed the charge for that particular item as per our guest satisfaction guarantee.