Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
The Midland(Manchester)
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
5,962 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages

Hi

Stayed here Saturday night for brother's birthday. Rooms are modern and comfy with all the amenities - only grip was that I love a bath and it was extremely shallow, but I am being picky.

Staff - lovely and helpful, couldn't ask for more.

Leisure facilities - nice pool with jacuzzi, steam and sauna, we went at 09:00 Sunday morning and was quiet, but started getting busier when we were leaving at around 10:15. They have a gym which we didn't used but looked good. You can also go down in your robes as there is a lift that takes you to the lower floor where the pool is located, which is great. The only thing in our room there were robes but no slippers, so we had to go in bare feet!

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that, cocktails are nice but pricey, as are all the drinks but what you would expect to pay in this kind of hotel.

All in all a pleasant stay - although I do prefer The Lowry in Manchester. Would I stay again - absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ssMidlands
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, since the last time it has undergone a transformation to a Blu hotel.
The new artwork is awful, the background music is a little intrusive and the menu at Alto is a bit unimaginative.
However, that aside, everything else was great. Good friendly efficient service (they were very busy), the food was cooked well and the drink selection was fine.
The double room is well set out with good quality facilities.
The breakfast is well worth getting up for. A good range of fresh food, good quality, again good service. If I'm next in Manchester looking for a delicious breakfast, I would call in here as it is superb.
It is a lovely place to stay. Next time may stay there and explore The French at the Midland.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for all of your comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. Most of the feedback on our new artwork has been very positive but I appreciate that all tastes differ. The menu in Alto is simply Steak or Lobster which has proved popular but thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed on one night in Manchester for my boyfriends 30th birthday. We arrived early and tried to check in twice, once at 1pm and then again at 2pm (the official check in time) only to be told our room wouldn't be ready for another hour.

This didn't bother us as we were already relaxing in the Opus Bar, then Manny on Reception offered us a complimentary drink in the Alto Bar while we waited. We had arranged for family to meet us for a drink in the afternoon at the hotel so this was just fine.

Manny on Reception was excellent; the desk was busy and wasn't flustered at all with the fact our room wasn't ready. Bang on 3pm Manny came to find me in the bar to check me in. I thought this was professional that he hadn't forgotten about us and was prompt with the time. Check in was great, I booked directly online with the hotel and this was the first time when checking in hotels I didn't need to 'register' and fill in forms and sign. I liked this. Manny explained that he was on shift the rest of the day and on check out if I needed him for anything.

We still had family in the bar so Manny arranged for our bags to send up to the room on our behalf.

When we did reach the room, there was a lovely card from the Front of House Manager George welcoming us and a plate with two brownies on with a lovely happy birthday message.

The views from the room were amazing. The only downsides to the room where that the sink had a leak; two light bulbs were out over the bed (I did leave a note for Housekeeping/Maintenance) and purely a personal preference the bed was too hard for me.

Everything else was great. The shower was very good too.

Breakfast - this was the best breakfast I'd experienced in a UK hotel for a long long time. Everything was hot, clean and plenty of choice. I noticed that the breakfast staff were alert and attentive too. Breakfast time was from 8am to 12noon which was again just great, normally they tend to be a rushed couple of hours with lack lustre food.

I will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your boyfriend's birthday celebration, thank you for this great review and kind comments on our staff and service.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed on Good Friday night for a romantic night away from the kids. The first room we were given clearly hadn't been used for a while; it had out-of-date magazines on the table and the drains in the bathroom smelt terrible. We were swiftly moved to a much better room, with no fuss at all. We had a comfortable night in a nice hard bed, and the full breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a City view on the north side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Please accept my apologies for the poor standard of your room, but I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Everything at the Radisson Blu Edwardian was perfect from start to finish, couldn't fault it in any way. The staff bent over backwards for us everywhere we went and the rooms were lovely. My partner who stays in a lot of 5* hotels across the UK on work trips said that the Radisson was infact the best hotel he has stayed at in the UK. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We were in room 1018 on the 10th floor and had a lovely view over Manchester
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jammy_dodger86

Thank you for your recommendation and very kind comments.