“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Limerick, Ireland
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We travelled to Manchester for one night to see Man United play. It was a very early flight so arrived at the hotel at 7am. The gentleman at reception was very pleasant and advised that our room was ready which was brilliant. The room was lovely, on the 11th floor, with great views of the city. We had a lovely dinner in the restaurant after the match. The hotel was very busy which added a bit of buzz. The bar is lovely and the staff were really nice.

The only bother I have was that as a Coeliac they didn't really cater for me. At breakfast I asked if the sausages would be gluten free, they really didn't know what I was talking about and the chef came out and said 'I wouldn't chance them'. Thankfully I brought my own bread with me although I would have expected the hotel to have some in stock.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and would like to confirm that we do now provide gluten free sausages.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have stayed in lots of Manchester city centre hotels but this is the best ,the rooms are beautiful and clean with very good beds and pillows,on entering the hotel it even smells good and looks inviting . Lovely red shiny apples in the lift lobbies and great toiletries in the bathroom ,it is my Manchester hotel of choice

Room Tip: Look out over the clock tower for a great view of city
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Victoria S
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that we are your first choice hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Arrived at Radisson after travelling all the way from Scotland after booking a luxury double room for our Valentines/anniversary with friends. When we got to our rooms, we were given two single beds. On complaining to reception, we were advised hotel was very busy and all double rooms were taken. Despite advising reception that I have paid for a double they had said unfortunately we arrived at 6pm and all rooms had been allocated to guests and therefore were unable to do anything with my complaint. We were also refused a refund to go stay elsewhere. After becoming so upset, we were offered a bottle of champagne, which we had to refuse as we are Muslim and do not drink so not only was I let down by my room but also offended. When checking out the next day, staff then advised we would have to wait to have our bottle of champagne authorised by a manager and at this point, I left, in tears as staff had no respect or even showed any concern regarding my complaint. On speaking to other guests staying the same night, they had the same issues as us. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013
I am sorry you felt your weekend was ruined but would like to clarify that room types booked via 3rd parties are on request only. Or own website offers guaranteed room types along with the best available rates. The bottle of champagne was intended as a small gesture of goodwill.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

central location with taxi waiting outside the door (blackcab)

Hotel room is clean, modern, high spec - wireless internet free as concession for business room

Gym reasonable size with trainer and 10 x 10 ish swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna, all facilities felt clean and under-used

check in and express checkout are fast, room service on time

All you need for biz travel - maybe I am easily pleased. Will stay next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for this review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Glasgow
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner stayed at The Radisson for one night as we were going to see Pam Ann at The Opera House. From the moment we stepped in the door to the moment we left we were treated like royalty.

I don't have one single bad thing to say about the hotel.

Loved the cocktail list in Opus One Bar with incredibly friendly staff to boot. My other half loved the Halle Berry cocktail.

Booked to come back in December for my 30th birthday and bringing a few friends with me!

• Stayed March 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. If you would be kind enough to contact our Customer Service Maanger, Stefan: raes@radisson.com who will ensure your birthday celebrations are memorable.
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed March 5, 2013

There was a door between our room and the next one. We could hear each and every word of our neighbors. It would have been bothering in case of any kind of neighbors (as we do not want to be part of their life and don't to want to have them as part of our life), but our ones were football fans who arrived home at 2:30 AM and didn't go to sleep until 4:30 AM.
How is it possible to accommodate unfamiliar people together, in “almost common room"???

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We do have several inter-connecting rooms which have proved poular, however I am sorry that you were disturbed on this occasion.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and couldn't find anything to complain about. The service was very good and the room itself was also high standard. The downstairs lobby with the bar were also quite impressive.
Except for weak wifi signal (I could probably ask for another room but wasn't too bothered about it), the only issue I found was the fact that I could hear almost everything happening in the corridor - I guess the doors are not really noise-proof.

Room Tip: The wifi signal can be weak in some rooms so worth checking it before unpacking (so that you could a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.