“Comfortable hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #22 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and has everything you need within a short walking distance. Perfect for theatre breaks, with both theatres just near the hotel. The swimming pool and spa area are lovely too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our location and facilities.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,902)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the raddisson last night as it was such a nice surprize also we had two friends staying there too.and when i went down to the bar they had set out a table with chocs and bubbles
service was staff excellent.
room with a view overllooking the town hall clock how perfect as we get married at the town hall in november .was nice and clean bathrobe and slippers perfect.. the only thing i would say is my other half would have like another chair as when we sipped our champs he would have been nice .
after all our drinks breakfast was something we really was finding hard to eat ..but i have to say great selection nice breakfast room very calm,,,
after we decided to book a "night stay in novemeber for our wedding the staff member was so helpful by givung me contact details of just the person i need to arrange rooms with ,, and as they was so busy even invitung us back to view the suite that we wanted ...so helpful ....felt just
perfect ...dont want to look no further .

Room Tip: 1120 city view facing town hall.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beverley f

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel definitely deserves its 5 stars- from the moment of check in to check out, the customer service was impeccable. All the public areas in the hotel, especially opus bar, were incredibly stylish. The staff at reception could not do enough for me- they sent up a larger wine bucket on request and two beautiful champagne glasses, and also called to check how I was finding the room.

The room itself was stunning- I paid the extra for a City view, something which I would wholeheartedly recommend; the view of the town hall was breathtaking and really showed Manchester in its best lights. The separate space for the wash basin and wardrobes gave a double room the feeling of being a suite, while the fold away shower glass was an innovative way of making the bathroom seem much larger. All finishes were luxurious and impressive.

My boyfriend and I also had drinks in the bar after dinner elsewhere, which was very busy still at 11pm, but we managed to get a table and service was once again efficient and friendly. Another feature of paying the extra for a City view room is that you receive a £15 free drinks voucher, which covered a glass of house champagne and a pint of Peroni, which was a lovely end to a perfect night.

There are only a few niggles with this hotel, which are really nothing to complain about considering the overall experience. The bath itself in the room was very small for a 5 star hotel; there was a tiny stain on the throw on the bed (although the rest of the room was spotless), and the breakfast selection was rather limited. For such a high quality of hotel, I would have expected a separate menu for extra items like eggs Benedict etc, and maybe the advertisement of specialty coffees such as cappucinos.

Apart from these tiny things, the experience was nigh on perfect. The staff, views and bedrooms (ours was on the 11th floor and was genuinely worth every single penny) really stole the show.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had been recommended to stay at the Radisson Blu , to meet our son for his 21st Birthday!
Good location , easy to get many restaurants & main shopping.
Unfortunately the pool facilities were closed for three days for refurb, although they did offer analternative down the Street. However, enjoyed our stay , Staff were all really good. Special praise to the Conceige .....sorry did not get his name ( valet Parked my Audi, great advice, great Service). A good one to stay!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope your son enjoyed his 21st.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel, chosen because it was the Free Trade Hall, and we have happy memories of concerts we attended there in the past.
We found the check-in good, staff were polite and courteous, the room was as expected, although we had some trouble with the heating, this was rectified promptly.
We didn't use any of the hotels other facilities as we were attending a function elsewhere.
On the down side I think £18 is a bit steep for breakfast, so we ate elsewhere.
Yes I would stay there again if I was in Manchester. I also think the service at reception is better here than the Radisson Blu in Durham.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased you enjoyed your return visit to The Free Trade Hall, thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I use this hotel regularly. The standard is excellent . Stefan from guest services and Stuart the concierge are worthy of special mention. I travel a lot on business in the UK and Europe, 100 plus nights per year, this is the best hotel of the lot! I always look forward to staying there!

• Stayed: February 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I am pleased to read that you enjoy your regular visits to our hotel, thank you for your kind comments regarding members of our team.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Considering my wife and I stayed in a suite I expected higher quality. The room is stuffy because there is no window to the outside giving a claustrophobic feeling and the air conditioning refuses to blow cold only heat. The bath and shower have large containers of wall hanging bottled gels and shampoo which is not to every one's taste, mainly when you pay £246.00 for the ""privilege"".
Last night we decided to go to the champagne bar, being Valentine and all that. After a nearly 15 minute wait we were able to order a bottle of champagne (not cheap but good) and a few tapas. Service was terrible, I presume because the only other table with Customers was being used by friends of one of the hotel's workers so no attention was being paid to any one else.
At check in there was a terribly bad odour which was dismissed by the receptionist as a pleasant perfume....I wonder what her house smells like. We realised afterwards that the ground floor toilets were out of order which more than likely explained the smell.
All in all not a good experience.

1  Thank H B

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay and would like to apologise that you were not given instructions on how to operate the air conditioning. Our toiletries were chosen for their hygiene and sustainability and have proved very popular, I am sorry they are not to your taste.

Our management team regularly entertain clients in the hotel and I am disappointed that you feel your service suffered as a result of this, please be assured that we have addressed this issue.

I would like to clarify that the toilets are currently unavailable due to a major refurbishments of that particular area of the hotel, the scent you were aware of in the lobby is our Brand Aroma, again subject to individual taste.

Once again, thank you for your feedback