“Nice Hotel Let Down By Restaurant”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
England
“Nice Hotel Let Down By Restaurant”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here between Christmas and New Year with my wife, dinner bed and breakfast.Over all the hotel was very good, the front of house staff were efficient and polite, my luggage was taken to my room, an ice bucket I requested was swiftly delivered, I was even called to check it had arrived. The room was fine, on the twelfth with good city views, it was stylish, comfortable and clean. All the public areas were of a high standard although there was a rather disconcerting smell in the downstairs gents. Breakfast was very good and as I remembered it from a previous visit although we had to queue for a table due a large number of wedding guests staying at the hotel, due to this the breakfast service was a little hectic.
Dinner in the restaurant was very poor the food was not that good, in fact it was very disappointing and I was charged for a £44 bottle of wine when I had ordered a £19 one, this was obviously just a mistake but never the less it created a bad impression. I can not decide whether my other concerns with the restaurant are down to my over expectations or just the way things are today ie. guests arriving for dinner in jeans and tee shirts and trainers.
On checkout, again the staff were friendly and efficient, even remembering my name which was a nice touch that was noticed and well received.

Room Tip: city view rooms are worth it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank your for your detailed feedback and very kind comments. I was concerned to read your comments on our Restaurant and error with the wine service and hope you will accept our apologies. Being a contemporary style restuarant we do not operate a dress-code.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Guildford, UK
Reviewed December 28, 2012

the holy place of my teenage years was the FREE TRADE HALL where I saw the world's great conductors: Arvid jansons, kurt sanderling, maurice handford; Adrain Boult; Efrem Kurtz with the HALLE and BBC PHIL
the hotel has TIHANY influences (as the manager confirmed to me by letter after it opened)
the staff give you a great manchester welcome and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Sadly the vips are now more likely to be footballers than conductors (we sat next to the manager of newcastle at breakfast)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed your recent visit to The Free Trade Hall and hope it brought back some happy memories for you.
goucestershire
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Despite being in the centre of the city, the hotel bedrooms are incredibly quiet. A friend and I stayed the week before Christmas and were very surprised by the quality of the hotel. Our room on the 6th floor was very very well designed and equipped with a very well thought out bathroom, a bath for me and a shower for my friend. We heard no noise at all from the hotel public hallways which, given the fact that the hotel couldn't have been empty must have meant that the rooms are really well soundproofed. I loved the blackout blinds and efficient air con.
The breakfast was utterly delicious with a choice of buffet ( not your usual "been hanging around stuff" rather freshly cooked in and replenished regularly. I had grilled vine tomatoes and portobello mushrooms which actually tasted like mushrooms should. My friend had porridge made to order with honey..... we had more which was equally delicious.
The staff were equally efficient and professional. When I got home, I realised I had left my phone charger in the room. However, this was returned to me via the post within a couple of days.
If you are staying in Manchester, you must consider this hotel as a number one option. I am already thinking of an excuse to visit again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank queensquitter
Thank you for this great review and compliments on our product and service, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Nice decor and great rooms. The restaurant is also amazing, however the prices are a little expensive. The parking is always a nightmare in Manchester. Will recommend the hotel for Manchester, It has a great location close to all facilities.

Room Tip: Get the rear view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nathen C
UK
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed Saturday before Christmas. Hotel was busy but there were plenty of staff to cope with any requests we had. Booked a studio suite which was really just a decent sized room. Very modern & clean with an unusual bathroom set up with walk in shower. Spa was good & reasonably priced. Will use this hotel when next in Manchester.

• Stayed December 2012
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Lovely twin room with loads of space, the pool and spa were great and breakfast was fantastic. I can not fault this hotel. The room had all the modern convenience you would expect and the staff were very friendly. The pool area was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your compliments on our product and service, we appreciate your feedback.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My partner booked this hotel as a surprise night away for us both.from the moment we walked in we were warmly greeted.checked in and made our way up to the room,staff were extremely helpful on the front desk.we stayed on the 12th floor and had a room with a city view.i would recommend strongly paying extra for this .views were lovely overlooking the city.the room was immaculate and I've never stayed in such a lovely room in a hotel ever before. It was furnished with high end furnishings and toiletries. There was also bath robes and slippers provided for the spa.

During our stay we had dinner at opus one. This restraint provided us with the best food we have ever tasted. Waiting staff were friendly and chatty. Our waiter was Nathan and he was extremely friendly and recommended some menu choices.

The spa is a welcome feature we always look for in a hotel.most visits to manchester we book the park inn hotel opposite the M.E.N simply because it has a spa. Well the radisson blu Edwardian has since become our favourite hotel in manchester. It was quiet,child free,clean and most of all RELAXING

At the end of the night my partner proposed. This was the icing on the cake to such a wonderful stay at the hotel. I would strongly recommend anyone to visit.youwont regret it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank purplenev
Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed review, I am delighted we have become your favourite hotel. Congratulations on your engagement.