“ash and becky fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Upon arrival we were recieved with a smile and a friendly not familiar approach,very polite and professional reception crew.We stayed in the penthouse suite (fitzgerald) cant see it advertised on their website but it is there if you ask.Absolutely fabulous in every respect,excellent views of the city from the 14th floor,huge comfy bed and great hotel facilities.Breakfast was great,plenty of choice and the pool ,steam and sauna downstairs are a great touch,
definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in manchester,we loved it !!!!!

Room Tip: fitzgerald suite overlooks the city facing the catherdral towards the men arena,staff recond this ha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashnbex
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for this excellent review and your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,896)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

May 1966, Dylan played Manchester's Free Trade Hall, now part of the stunning Radisson and candidly 46 years on I would rather spend I night in the Hotel than an evening listening to Bob. The signage is a little understated at street level and the Hotel is consequently easy to miss, make sure that you don't! The staff are wall to wall quality and without exception are committed to making your stay a pleasant one, I arrived at 9.00am long before I might reaonably expect my room to be ready, bags were whisked away by the best concierge I have ever known to be spirited into a ninth floor room with great views (if that is possible) over suburban Manchester. Rooms are modern, light and perfectly engineered for a comfortable stay and a great sleep - towels in the wet-room were so fluffy I struggled to close my case on departure! Two bars - an upscale cocktail affair in the old part of the building with some stunning artwork and a seriously less extravagant bar at the back with easy access to streetside seating for those like me who want a cheeky camel with their glass of. Best in the City by far and given the compact nature of Manchester's centre you are not going to be far from pretty much anything you want to see or do. Without doubt, the place to be so don't think twice, it's (more than) alright.

Room Tip: High is good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jondi1
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This remains our favourite. We booked a very last minute impromptu visit on a friday night not arriving until nearly 11pm. Only a deluxe room left but it was modern, contmporary with a great view. Service was as usual excellent. Staff friendly, helpful and attentive. Breakfast was very good. Despite trying other places we keep getting drawn back to this hotel. Having just stayed in london for the weekend and been disappointed by a very expensive alternative i wish i had booked another radisson. Although the manchester one does seem to be the best!

Room Tip: Have stayed in a full range of rooms all very good. Use the concierge for info and to book restauran...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that we are your fist choice hotel, thank you for your very kind comments.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Another hotel I stayed in for work. The hotel is in the former Free Trade Hall where many famous musicians played. The hotel has a great feel to it and very well decorated - something I wouldn't necessarily notice. The hotel rooms were a good size with a beautiful bathroom with both a shower and soaking tub. The staff was very attentive - the concierge even gave us two bottles of water when we left to drive to Wales. The breakfast was decent. Don't know if I would rave about Opus One, the restaurant on site, but the bar is a great place to meet people. The spa is quite nice - even if you don't get a service I would recommend going to the steam room, sauna and pool room. Really beautiful and relaxing. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for this great feedback and your recommendation.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

stayed here just for one night and was very impressed. Beautiful hotel, lovely clean rooms and stunning bar area. the spa was fabulous and the views across Manchester were fab. Great location in centre of Manchester. only disappointment was breakfast, which was rubbish- crowded and poor service. we complained and didn't pay.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beartravels2003
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your review and compliments on our product and location. I am sorry you were disappointed with breakfast. We did experience a particularly busy breakfast time at the weekend due to a number of guests who had omitted to change their clocks, however I am pleased that we compensated for your poor experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Great centrally located hotel, with very helpful staff. Ideal for a base for shopping

Unfortunately the rooms although clean and well presented felt a little tired and dated compared to other similarly priced hotels.

In addition the price for parking & breakfast were also a little steep

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your kind comments on our location and staff members. I was disappointed to read your remarks about our bedrooms particularly as we have invested heavily in maintaining and updating our product. I am sorry that it is not to your taste.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My friend and I stayed here a few days ago for a one night stay in a twin deluxe room. The rooms were modern, of good quality, spacious and very clean. They also have a great overall feel, something I think is important in a five star hotel. The rooms are much better than they appear on pictures.. I don't think the pictures on the website or on here really do them justice, maybe due to the dark tones used in the decoration.

If I was going to be there longer I think I would have paid extra to have a room with a city view. The girl on reception was welcoming and helpful, being able to give me an early check in after requesting one the day before.

The beds were extrememly comfortable although I did find the pillow too high. The room was a little stuffy from not being able to open the window, however this is the same with the majority of hotels. We were woken up at 4.30 am by something happening near the main entrance of the hotel (antics of a Friday night in a city centre lets say). Although this was absolutely nothing to do with the hotel itself I would perhaps advise to get a room on the other side, or much higher up if you are affected by noise.

The hotel has a fabulous scent throughout!!! Our floor in particular (the 3rd) smelt new, fresh and inviting.

We didn't eat in either of the restaurants but we did have a few drinks in the bar. The staff behind the bar were very friendly and provided great service (and drinks!).

I would definately recommend staying here. I am planning my next trip here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. I will book a room with a city view so I can then compare the difference.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for this excellent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to wlecoming you back soon.