“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #17 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
uk
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

A fantastic hotel,clean,efficient and staff very very attentive.afternnon tea was included in the price and it was just fantastic. We stayed in an executive bedroom on the 11th floor and had stunning views over the city!!! Breakfast was great,buffet style and everything you could want.will certainly be back!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Burnleyguy
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

This was my third stay at the Radisdon Edwardian.
The hotel is well situated just behind The Great Northern and just of Deansgate ( the main street of Manchester). If driving the easiest place to park is The Great Northern.
So what is good?
The location
The rooms ( well furnished and thoughtfully laid out to make them feel spacious)
The views over Manchester from the higher floors ( I prefer this too the Hilton)
The concierge staff who a both knowledgable and helpful)
The food in the restaurant is very good (though atmosphere is less so as it is rather open and there is little intimacy)
The breakfast is superb with a lot of choice

What is OK?
The pool and Sauna are OK, the pool is not that large but it is fine for a quick dip
The reception staff, while OK I have never found them particularly welcoming rather more functional than friendly

What could be better?
Not much really, the cleaning staff are a little direct when it is getting close to check out time (the last two times I have stayed there have been for work parties and neither time was I up particularly early)

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank mike2u
Thank you for all of your constructive comments on our product and service
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband booked us a night in this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we arrived, the guy manning check in (JOSHUA) was very helpful, very polite and very quick. He asked us why we were staying and we told him about our anniversary, he wished us congratulations, took us to the lift and showed us how it works. (You have to use a key card or the lift won't move). When we arrived at our room we were blown away. It was fabulous, everything was very clean and so incredibly smart and welcoming. The bed was incredibly comfortable and huge, the TV was positioned nicely, there was a comfortable chair overlooking the view from our window. We had Tea & Coffee making facilities and a mini bar which we didn't use. The bathroom was fabulous with a good sized tub and had a sepereate walk in shower which had just the right water pressure. I just can't emphasise enough how fabulous this place is.

Anyway, we left the room, and headed out to get an early dinner. On our arrival back to change before we went out to the theatre, we found a lovely plate had been left in our room, with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate and two small mince pies. How amazing, it's such a small touch, but it was such a pleasant surprise. In the evening we sampled the bar, and the cocktails were fabulous.

We checked out in the morning and that went quickly and smoothly, we were really sorry to leave this fabulous place, I can't compliment it enough. Thank you.

1 Thank wolsy1
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for all of your very kind comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your anniversary.
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

A group of us stayed last weekend for our annual trip to the Christmas Markets in Manchester; we had two double rooms and one suite for four people.

The location is right next to the largest of the Christmas Markets (where Santa is!) about a two minute walk and about three mins from St Peter's tube station.

The hotel foyer is really classy, elegant and was decorated in a beautiful festive style.

Throughout the stay, staff were helpful, polite and on arrival arranged for us to have our bags stored and we were also offered to use the Spa facilities to freshen up, which was a lovely treat after our journey.

The suite was fantastic, comfortable and spacious, and lots of nice extras like mince pies on arrival and a proper coffee machine.

Breakfast was buffet-style, and there was a great range, it was all fresh and tasty, and was served until 12pm.

Overall, it is a fantastic, impressive hotel in a great location for Christmas shopping in Manchester.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank fionadaisy
I am pleased you enjoyed your shopping trip, thank you for all of your compliments.
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

My partner & I live close to Manchester and had booked 2 nights at the Radisson Edwardian Manchester for the 16th & 17th December as a Christmas treat. We’d booked the City View Deluxe room as it came with a few little extras – drinks voucher, free Wifi & free movie each night.

Upon arrival at the hotel we checked in and were given room 1208 – a 12th floor room overlooking the GMEX, Beetham Tower / The Hilton Deansgate, a building site, and the back of a block of apartments. Not exactly a “City View”. Both my partner & I went down to reception to query the room type as it came with the same view the standard deluxe room came with a year previous. We were told that it was in fact a city view room, and as the hotel is a city centre based hotel, all the rooms are classed as a city view room. A tad misleading on the website then, as the city view room was £40+VAT per night more expensive and implied it came with a better view. We were swiftly given a new room, 1 floor lower and facing the city centre – not out of town like the last one – room 1121. We also got 2 breakfasts thrown in for free too. We’d been in the room no more than 10 minutes when we were called by reception to ensure everything was ok with the room. At this stage it was and couldn’t fault the service received from the staff at all, just the website description.

We unpacked, changed and popped for some dinner. When we got back to the hotel we had a few drinks at Opus One and then went up to the room. It was here that we both noticed an incessant humming noise, similar in sound to a washer/dryer. There was a service room next door to our room so we both assumed it was something in there making the noise. My partner went down to reception to ask if it could be turned off, she returned with the night manager to see what the problem was - he didn’t know that room existed in the hotel until now. He looked in the service room to find quite a sizeable air-con duct in the room which was causing the noise. This couldn’t be shut down and he agreed the noise was too loud, so he looked for another room for us.

He returned advising he’d managed to secure a room upgrade as all the other rooms in the hotel were full, due to it being one of the busiest nights in Manchester this year (Christmas party weekend etc). He gave us the keys to room 621, the Mercury suite, and all initially seemed fine. That was until we turned the in room air-con unit off and noticed the noise was still continuing. When I looked outside from the balcony, there was another air-con duct about 10-15ft from the door. Also, there isn’t much of a view from these rooms, in fact, no view. Unless you like looking at walls that is, in which case this is the room for you. I reckon the folks at Strangeways probably have a better view of the city than this room offers (see pics)! We both popped down to reception and advised another gentleman of the noise, he advised us there were air-con ducts up on those floors and as we’d been upgraded to a suite so there wasn’t anything else he could do. We understood and thought this would be the case so advised we would be checking out 1st thing in the morning and not staying for the 2 nights as planned. It was about 00:45 at this point so just wanted to get some sleep.
Neither of us could sleep properly due to the noise from the air-con, sirens from the police station over the road, general street noise and also the room being cold; so finally gave up trying about 05:30. We tried to watch the film we were meant to get as part of the package, however couldn’t get to the menu screen on the TV as each time we tried the TV turned itself off. We got ready, packed and headed down for breakfast. When we returned to the room it was light and I noticed why the noise was so bad – the patio door didn’t shut properly, there was about a ½ inch gap running from the bottom right of the door to just above waist height (see pics). This was allowing a cold draft to come into the room, as well as allowing any outside noise an unrestricted route into the room.

We checked out at about 09:30 and advised reception of the problem, we were given an apology and advised it would be looked at that day. I’m sure the noise would have been greatly reduced if the door actually shut, and would have thought this would be the minimum requirement of any room, let alone a suite.

To summarise, the hotel in general is fantastic, we’ve stayed here twice and at the Radisson Mayfair once and prior to this visit I was very much a Radisson fan. The service is always impeccable and the staff can’t do enough for you. The rooms previously have been faultless, quiet, clean and well stocked of anything you could possibly need. Had we not been expecting a city view and just stayed in the 1st room, the experience might have been somewhat different. As it happens though, we did pay more for a city view, we did ask for that city view room; and from that point on our experience went downhill. I understand the hotel was busy that weekend, and there’s not a lot the staff on reception can do about that. What I do have an issue with is the misleading website – how can all rooms be classified as city view just because you’re in a city, the rooms at the rear of a beachfront hotel can’t be classed as ocean view, so why is it acceptable to market rooms which overlook the road out of town as city view?

I also have an issue with the quality of some of the rooms, how can a 5* hotel offer rooms which are noisy? Rooms which have shoddy furnishings and doors that don’t close properly. You get better quality from the budget line hotels all over the country. I’d expect much more from this hotel, and have got much better from other 5* hotels elsewhere on a consistent basis.

One final gripe is that today, upon checking my credit card I noticed there was an additional £300 allocated to the Radisson Edwardian. I called the hotel to see why this was and was told that it’s policy to pre-authorise the value of the entire stay + £200 for incidentals. That’s fine, and I understand this is common practice with pretty much every hotel across the world. The difference being, you’re usually warned this is going to happen and as I wasn’t warned upon check in, I assumed this wasn’t going to happen. Bit of a shock and yet another inconvenience having to establish the reason.

All in all, not the best experience and certainly not the one my partner or I were hoping to get either. We’d been looking forward to this weekend for a couple of months and can’t feel more let down, a really disappointing experience, and one that’s managed to undo all of the positive feelings either of us had about the Radisson brand. Very unlikely I’ll ever stay at a Radisson again.

Room Tip: If you want a true city view, looking up Deansgate, towards Albert Hall & the town hall, ask for...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kylemma
Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback following your recent stay with us. I was concerned to read to read that you were disappointed with the City View room. The popularity of these rooms is reflected in the high demand and added value of the enhanced service on offer.

I am pleased that we were able to further upgrade you to one of our Alfesco suites which have also proved most popular, although I appreciate that décor is subjective and a matter of personal choice, I am sorry these did not meet your expectations.. We are proud to have re-invested so heavily in this historic building to create true sense of place.

As you will see from previous reviews, the majority of our guests are more than delighted with our product and we are proud of our high ranking on Trip Advisor. As the leading hotel in the City we are fully aware of our responsibilities for the maintenance of our product and services which have earned us many local, national and international awards.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our service, we would be delighted to welcome you back and when you next have the occasion to visit, if you would be so kind as to contact me directly so that I may personally make all of the arrangements for your stay to your complete satisfaction.
New Mills, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed at The Radisson early December for 2 nights. Check in very fast, very friendly staff on front desk reception. Room very clean & everything you need , bathroom great, shower & bath. All staff seemed really helpful. Didnt eat at the Hotel so cannot comment on the food, but all other facilities were spot on. Good central position as we went to check out the Christmas markets which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Would definitely stay again. Very relaxing 2 nights!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
I am pleased you enjoyed your short break with us, thank you for your feedback.
Liphook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

My favourite Radisson Edwardian so far.. There was not only good service from the reception, conceirge and bar staff, but the hotel itself was very spacious, elegantly themed and in a prime location for our visit.

My partner was working so I had time to check out all the facilities and really utilise the hotel, which is rare for our part. We even had room service 2 nights (not only for convinience) but also because the food was really well done! And its served 24/7! Result.

Our room was cosy and the bed was fab. I would definately recommend this hotel if you want to have a special night or two in a hotel. You were really made to feel welcome, although to be honest I think that is just in the Manchester folks way!

Room Tip: If this wasnt so close to Christmas and the hotel wasnt holding a million Crimble parties, therefore...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments on our product and service, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,353 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!