“Staff are the best I have ever encountered”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
London, England
“Staff are the best I have ever encountered”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The rooms themselves are very good, not amazing but have everything you could want or need. The thing that sets this hotel apart from any I have stayed in are the staff. On four occasions (I only stayed one night) they went above and beyond. When a colleague wanted more ketchup it was brought within three minutes to our room. When I needed some printing at 2am it was brought to the room hot off the printer within 3 minutes etc. Nothing was too much trouble. It is extremely rare these days to find such exceptional service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review and for your compliments on our service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Just had a lovely day at the hotel spa - The Sienna Spa. All the staff we encountered were pleasant, professional and genuinely lovely, from the the door staff, to reception, to the waiting on staff to the spa team, all couldn't do enough to help they really are a credit to the hotel. My sister and I booked in for a day at The Radisson Edwardian Spa - The Sienna Spa. The spa facilities included good size heated pool, jacuzzi, drench shower,steam room, sauna, gym and 2 dry relaxation rooms. We happily spent the morning mooching from pool to steam room to jacuzzi to loungers. Then we had a lovely waitress service lunch consisting of huge club sandwiches & the most tasty chunky chips and lovely complimentry fresh juice. Then after a bit more pool side chilling we were promptly called for our back massages, in the afternoon, which were exactly what we asked for proper deep tissue back massages by lovely smiley staff. All in all, can't wait to go back. Sienna Spa we will be back :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I am delighted that you and your sister enjoyed your spa day. Thank you for providing this feedback, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We luckily chose this hotel with great rooms and wonderful bathrooms. Room service was very helpful and responsive and when we were given a room that stank horribly of cigarette smoke, they were very quick to respond to give us a replacement meal. The reception and concierge staff were very helpful on both occasions that we stopped.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We do operate a no smoking policy so I was disappointed to read your comments but pleased that we were able to rectifiy the situation.
Lambourn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Just spent 2 nights here for a business trip. It is right next to the convention centre. The staff were brilliant. The girls who served breakfast always had smiles and when we went back in the afternoon for tea they were still smiling. We were on the second floor and our rooms were really nice - the booking confirmation said deluxe - they were certainly that! Can't fault it other than to say I could not get BBC3 or 4 on the television - i'ts a hard life eh? :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for your compliments on our location and product and your kind comments about members of our team. We hope to see you again soon.
London, UK/Detroit, MI, USA
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian for three nights whilst in town business. The pros include:

- Good room service
- Central location
- Clean
- Rooms in fairly good condition
- Friendly staff
- Comfortable deck area and chair to work

The cons include:

- Bathroom soap and shampoo is dispensed in industrial sized bottles that are bolted to the wall (very cheap for a five star hotel)
- The TV is small and not flat screen
- I stayed in a room on the 3rd floor that faced the Atrium, which meant there was constant noise coming from people spilling out from the hotel bar drinking (well past my bedtime at 12 midnight)
- Upon check-in I was given a room with two single beds (I was travelling by myself) and there was nothing they could do about it as there wasn’t any other type of room available
- The mattress is uninspiring and slightly uncomfortable
- The iron is locked to the ironing board (I wonder what type of people stay at this five star hotel where they are worried about a £20 appliance being taken

In the end, I would not consider the property a five star hotel. If you can get a good rate that is in line with an average four star hotel for the area, then go ahead and book a room at this property. Otherwise, stay at the Crowne Plaza, which is a 15 min walk away and much nicer.

2 Thank dfisch891
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and for your compliments of our staff and service. I am disappointed to read that you did not appreciate our product. We chose toiletry dispensers in line with our on-going environmental policy.
I am please to announce that we have recently been awarded gold status in our annual 5 star rating assesment, and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I'd booked afternoon tea here for my mother in law as part of her birthday present as we were also going to the Opera House which is only a couple of minutes walk away.

We arrived promptly at 4:30 and I was a bit concerned when they asked us to take a seat whilst they got things ready. Thankfully it was an unnecessary concern as things went really well from then.

Our lovely waitress Laura deserves a special mention, my mother in law doesn't like fancy food and she kindly suggested her sandwiches came "without sauce" which was perfect for her. Overall afternoon tea was excellent and certainly sufficient - the selection per person included 4 finger sandwiches (and unlike other afternoon teas they seemed fresh, not like they'd been in the fridge all afternoon), 2 warm scones, a mini carrot cake, a mini chocolate cake and a prosecco jelly.

Generally it was lovely, the jelly wasn't to my personal taste but I'm sure that was just palate rather than quality.

We didn't feel rushed at all and we had extra drinks to round it off.

I'd certainly return, the only downside was that the hotel was fully booked so we couldn't stay the night.

I look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed October 2011
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
I am delighted to read that your Mother in law enjoyed her birthday afternoon tea, thank you for providing this review.
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Afternoon tea was fantastic and worth the £14.95 more filling than you think!!! Great service fab location a must when in Manchester!

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendation