Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
    Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
    Great 4.5/5
    Excellent 5/5
    5,962 results
    All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed at the Radisson Edwardian in Manchester whilst on a business trip to the Manchester Central Conference Centre. The location of the hotel was ideal only being 200yds away (important in Manchester as it rains frequently!).
    The hotel itself was excellent with comfortable rooms and quality amenities. The staff were incredibly friendly and always willing to help.
    Based on my experience, travellers would struggle to find a better hotel in Manchester.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
    1  Thank BobDong
    StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

I am pleased you had a comfortable stay and would like to thank you for all of your comments.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Originally booked in the hotel for two nights with my partner. Had a fantastic time, the hotel was spotless and staff are very friendly nothing is too much trouble and they go that extra mile for the guests. Highly recommended to the point that we stayed an extra night. Thank you to ben stokes for making us so welcome. Can't wait to come back at the end of July.

• Stayed: June 2011
    StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Thank you for this great feedback and very kind comments about our team. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We booked and stayed for two nights the evening following our wedding in one of the Al-fresco suite. The bed was not fully made with the bed spread/throw was just folded and placed on the chair along with the large cushions also just placed at the bottom of the bed. The slide doors to the veranda were faulty we had to call someone up 3 times to open & close we were then told that it was broken and that we would be transferred in the morning.

We had already planned our stay and the following morning were informed that the swimming pool was under maintenance and the pool at The Midland was available. We continued with our plans and at 6.30pm went down to go the the swimming pool and were told that the pool at The Midland was now closed. No one had informed us of this on reception when we had queried use of the pool.

The website states that there is in-room entertainment including DVD, CD player etc but in fact we had to ask for this and then maintenance came up and placed the items in the room. The housekeeping lady buzzed the door even though the do not disturb sign had been switched on, she then knocked and entered even though we shouted for her to wait and we still asked her to wait but she continued to walk into the room and then apologised and waited outside.

We were not provided with enough sugar or coffee and continuously had to ask for this to be brought up.

The concierge service was brilliant, the staff were polite and welcoming when approached and were happy to help. Just shame we had to keep contacting then for what should have been provided as standard.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
    4  Thank MrsMahmood19

Firstly I would like to apologise that you were not escorted to your room, we offer a turn-down service which would explain the bed throw and cushions. This should have been pointed out to you along with instructions for opening the patio door. Thank you for bringing to our attention the error on the web site which has since been corrected although ipod docking stations are provided in every room. The temporary fault with the swimming pool was completely out of our control and was restored to full use as quickly as possible. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and thank you for all of your feedback.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

unfortunately for me i had booked this hotel through a booking agent, on arrival at the hotel the receptionist had no booking logged on the system for me, i had to then provide information about my booking and i emailed the information to a member of the admin staff. at that point after the initial embarrassment i thought my booking had been rectified and got on with enjoying my break.
    i enjoyed an excellent spa treatment and with help with directions from the lovely gentleman who worked in the reception area i enjoyed some sightseeing around the city. my room was comfortable apart form the fact i had booked a double room and had to make do with a twin as there were no doubles available, but that was a small niggle. the housekeeping was immaculate.
    my checkout was such an awful experience, bearing in mind what had happened during my check in i thought it would all run smoothly. no! the information that i had passed on during my check in had not been acted up on and i was proceeded to be charged again. once again i had to provide proof of my booking and proof that my bank had been debited the amount from the agent. i emailed both of these onto a member of admin staff who once again was going to investigate. you can imagine the disappointment and also the huge embarrassment i felt at this time. i was informed that if the information i provided was correct then i would receive a refund for the second payment. i was that upset at this point i caught the very first train back home. i have now received an email informing me that i have now received a full refund for the second payment of the room.
    i will never stay at this hotel again. my stay in manchester has been thoroughly spoiled.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
    3  Thank Jo M
    StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review, I was most concerned to read your comments. As we are unable to identify your stay I would be grateful if you could contact me so that I may personally discuss this with you.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Has part of my wifes 60th birthday celebrations I had booked an afternoon tea at this hotel. Not having been to it before we were unsure what to expect. We nedn't have been concerned has the whole experience was amazing. From the warm welcome on arrival and showing us to our table, to the arrival of an amazing three tier stand with an assortment of triple decker sandwiches, plain and fruit scones, clotted cream and jam, and cakes with tea until you were full. Everything was perfect and made for a thoruoghly enjoyable experience that made our resolve to book a stay at the hotel at the earliest convenience. Well done to the Kitchen and staff for making the occasion so memorable. Hopefully see you soon.

Room Tip: Best room rates on web site on the day.
    • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
    StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed her birthday celebration. We are delighted you have chosen to come to stay and hope to see you very soon.