Hatters Hostel on Newton Street
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$69
$141
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$109
$100
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$87
$51
  • Free Internet
$81
  • Free Internet
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastbeds were comfortabletrain stationwould stay againcentral manchesterconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A friendly & welcoming independant hostel. Very well located, with a cosy TV room & especially good cooking facilities. You have to pay to use the fixed computers though, even though the Wi-Fi is free! - End result is that noone ever uses them, so I'd maybe change that policy. The only other thing to mention is that most hostel receptions usually give out a tourist city map on arrival & they didn't have one. On the plus side, there are an abundance of backpacker leaflets for hostels in other cities in the world for you to pick up, which is very good information for future planning & good to see :) One other thing to mention is that there are power points in the rooms for charging phones, but not many of them - so please just put a multi-point extension lead thing in each room & that's fixed too :) Overall though, these are only small gripes & I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, even though I just stayed for 1 night. Nice staffs, nice roommates, warm room, and also amazing free breakfast! One thing that they must fix is just the shower at the 2nd floor near the female dorm. The water heater didn't work! But as I still can take shower in other shower rooms, that's not a big problem at all. Well, you still have to fix it btw... ;)
If I come back to manchester, I will stay here again. :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited in November 2012 (my app wont let me go back that far). Me and a friend, both 17, so its nice that we could stay there with us being under 18, stayed for a night and got a private room with a private bathroom. The room was immaculate and a good size, there is a kitchen on each floor with bread and butter for your use, obviously you can bring your own food to cook too, we didn't feel the need to as we were only there for the night. The staff were extremely helpful, as we live hundreds of miles away and this was our first night in manchester and we lost each other, they were more than happy to help us find each other! We were sceptical to get a shared room in the hostel, mainly because we were going to be noisy and we didn't want to upset them; but there was few people there that night, so we probably would of ended up by ourselves in a shared room anyways. Overall, brilliant place to stay and would definitely stay here again and is definitely recommended!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff were really friendly and the hostel was clean. We stayed in a twin room and it was very comfortable for a hostel. Basic breakfast is free, and you can have free toast all day. There's good facilities and it's tight in the centre of the city. A good hostel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed alone here. Everybody was friendly enough. Free tea and toast 24hr which was great for coming in after 11. I'd recommend it :) Breakfast was also included which helped the hangover. I was there for one night as i had a gig at the arena. Good price for one night too. £18.50.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo