“If it is all you can find it is a bed.....”

Britannia Airport Hotel
Ranked #97 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place is a complete dump.... I was in the unfortunate situation where I forgot to book a hotel on business and this was all that was avalible close to the airport. The hotel does not look like it has be touched in 20 years... It felt dirty, dark and dated.

Would not recommend staying here unless you are in a difficult place and need a bed for the night.

The transfers to the hotels are also every hour so not what you would expect from an airport hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Used to be a trust house Forte Post House, the same decor and carpets are still there from 30 years ago

Summed up by the middle liftwith bubbles on the floor and the 3rd floor button replaced by the "close door" button because it had worn out. It's the most expensive cheap hotel you will ever stop at. If you like bed bugs, worn carpets, cheap tasteless food and hotels in the worn out bed sheet - you will love this place. otherwise avoid like the plague

The YMCA homeless hostel for drunks is far better value for money and safer

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I visited this Hotel recently as I was in Manchester for work. I have to say that this was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had. The room was constantly cold no matter how high the air con was turned up. The room looked like it needed a lick of paint and/or a major renovation.These small things that I can get over. However on the final day that I was there, we got a late checkout as I was working all day and my partner was at the hotel with our son for the day. There was no porter service to bring bags to the car. She then got locked out of the room by accident and it took nearly an hour to get someone to open the door, in the meantime our son was still in the room crying. Anyways to top the lot, one of the staff members suggested that our son was a 'needy child' as he was on the room crying on his own and he is 7 months old. Shame on you guys! This place is a total dump and I'll never be back to it. Good riddens!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

stayed here after my cousins wedding, first thought was the windows outside are pretty bad, really need new frames. the room was so lovely and cosy, everything we needed tea coffee, shower, dressing table, even a trouser press! the breakfast was one of the best i have had, it was self service, and a lovely bright dining room, the staff were very helpful (drinks are a bit pricey) all in all i would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawny45
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. Having read previous reviews, I was fearing the worst. Does the hotel need a lick of paint? Yes. Are parts of it tired? Yes. However, the staff are friendly and helpful. Checking in - when there were about 12 others who had arrived at the same time - was straight forward. The room was tidy with clean bed linen. The food, while maybe not wildly exciting, was good and there was always a veggie option. Gluten free bread is available. There is a handy and regular bus service into Manchester city centre. All in all, it was worth the money we paid. Would have no issue with staying there again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank YFD H
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is my email to late rooms.com and my experience so sorry if there are any spelling mistakes.

On arrival at the hotel there was a very long wait to check in. we're we were waiting for over 1 hour till we finally got greeted by the receptionist, then we had a further 3 hours wait to find us the two rooms we had pre booked, in the mean time we witnessed a fight in the reception, drunken guests and it was a general nightmare. Then we finally was given a key at 12.45am yes AM and went to the room the key did not work, I then returned to reception and was given another key this happened 4 times then a member of staff finally escorted my to the room, when we walked in a lady hurled abuse at us, we then returned to reception and tried to find another room this happened on 3 occasions, walking into occupied rooms. We then waited a further hour and was take to (snug double room words of staff member) it was a single room with a very small bed. Then it gets even worse my brother is in intensive care on life support his 2 children and wife arrived at hotel and the staff PROMISED me they would have no problem as there room was ready and they would have no trouble, well they did not have a room for them and yes they had to wait in a very emotional state for over 45 mins for the hotel to find them a room. They finally was given to rooms and was split up at approx 3.44am. I came down this morning and was told they have no manager on duty. Then a manger turned up, I spoke to him calmly and he said what do you want me to do about it. I am discussed, I own my own company and would never speak to anyone in that manner. I can keep going but I am exhausted and we have to go back tonight as they have charged us for the two rooms,.

To be honest I am now sat in a critical care unit no knowing what we all have to face and I have to send you this email.

Jayne wallace

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I stay at this hotel to take advantage of Britannia's Stay and Fly package when flying form Manchester airport. The hotel is typical of the standard of other Britannia hotels where we have stayed. Whilst the hotel is certainly not of a high standard it obviously meets the criteria required by bus tour operators as several of them use the hotel on a regular basis. We have always found the bedrooms to be clean tidy and comfortable but like all hotels some rooms have been better maintained than others. However this is probably where guests have caused damage eg spilling drinks on the carpet, tearing the wallpaper with suitcases. The breakfasts and bar food are of an acceptable standard and overall the package provided is good value for money.

Room Tip: The bedrooms overlooking the nearby busy motorway can suffer from traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family