“Dont do it!”

Ranked #92 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dont do it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The photos of this place really have got rose tints on them. a very shabby place, bed was the most uncomfortable creaky thing I have ever slept in. there were springs sticking up everywhere, if it hadn't been for us having a drink that night we would have gone home at 3am. no sleep at all, came home aching and tired. room was shabby and most things didn't work. chair had mould on it and windows were stuck. I travel a lot with work and staying in some bad places but I wont forget this one - just don't do it, sleep on the street if you have to!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D4VNA2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Staff were friendly but the pebble dash building is a eyesore and the inside smelt old stale and musky lifts had a mind of there own rooms were dated and shower hear broke carpet worn. Cooked Breakfast was worst I've ever tried. Would be ok if it was 5-10 pound hostel. Just knock it down.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Baz130
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

we were allocated this hotel as part of our trip with Caledonian tour from Glasgow to the coronation street tour. I must admit I was dreading staying here as there were so many awful reviews on trip advisor but we were pleasantly surprised to find it was not as bad as we thought.!! the check in was easy and our room was a triple bedded one on the 4th floor, as we opened the door there was a peculiar smell that we had no idea what it was but once in the room we did not notice it our room was at the back facing the motorway so some traffic noise is inevitable here( the room on the front were on a busy main road too so I don't expect there to be any rooms with no noise) the window frame was mouldy and the carpet did not look like it had seen a hoover for some time but otherwise the room was clean and tidy, the bed linen clean and the beds very comfortable. the bathroom was also clean and so were the towels and the shower over the bath was good. the meals in the dinning room were ok though not a lot of choice but what we had was of a reasonable standard there was no porridge at breakfast which is unusual as most hotels do this but looking at the cooked breakfast it was perfectly fine except one strange thing was there were chips!!!!! who wants chips for breakfast? (we had previously stayed at the country house hotel a mile up the road from here and if driving down to stay overnight before a Manchester flight I much prefer the other hotel) but honestly this hotel is no where near the dirty filthy place people have said it is the staff were very friendly and helpful too but I had to take some points off the rating due to the points mentioned

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

stayed here in april 2014 after long flight into manchester airport. Dirty towels, dated decor and hazards everywhere not to forget it has 1920 decor!!!

upon checkout I feel, the corridors are littered with rubbish, equipment, dirty towels, cable and trolleys from our room all the way down the corridor the full length of the hotel!

doors were held open for us but no by polite people but by dirty filthy bin bags!!! see my images

Room Tip: avoid please
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank chris a
Newastle Upon Tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

1st room had previous occupants rubbish everywhere. 2nd room damp, and smelly. Mattress collapsed on one side causing me to roll out onto the floor when drifting off. Spring through the mattress shredded my girlfriends leg. Room was something you'd expect from a down town New York slum hotel for taking ladies of the night and making drug deals. When we complained we were offered a croissant.

Please don't stay here!!!!!!

Spend the extra £20 and stay somewhere better.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jimibtherebelmc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is cheap and I did not expect much when I booked it so I was very happy when britanya emaild me and said they had double booked and could stop in there much better sister hotel, this was all good untill we got there and waited 35 mins to be told that we had no reservation and there hotel was full ( I had just watched the two receptionist book a couple in and then say to each other there not ment to be here) so we where told to go to our original hotel which we did ! It all goes down hill from here on in , the hotel was very dirty and smelled. When I went to the bar to watch the football I couldn't even see the tv as it was full of locals that where not staying in the hotel.

Needles to say I will not be booking with this hotel chain ever again .... I would rather stop in a shed before I use them .

• Stayed April 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on the weekend. What a lovely hotel. Okay, it's dated, but everything was clean and tidy. Great for a quick stay and somewhere to lay your head. Staff great and polite. Bar had cheap prices. Food was okay. All buffet style. Breakfast was great and served up until 10am. Dinner was ok. Not much variety but you can go elsewhere if need be. Overall a lovely hotel to stay. Some reviews have obviously been written by those who expect a palace where ever they go! If that was the case, Trip Advisor wouldn't be needed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Park View Residence
Park View Residence
#77 of 116 in Manchester

Been to Britannia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!